Thrasher, Inc. is seeking a motivated and detailed Staff Accountant - Accounts Payable to join our team. At Thrasher, youre more than a cog on corporate wheel. Youre a part of a family. We take pride in cultivating a culture that our employees dont want to leave and refuse to let die. We strive for a greater workplace. When you join Thrasher, youll join a collective of engineers, sales professionals, marketers, field technicians and support staff that prides themselves on being the best.
If you have the experience listed below and are excited to join a team that's constantly moving forward apply today to join our team as the Staff Accountant - Accounts Payable.
In this role, you are responsible for:
- Paying Bills: Ensures bills to our vendors and debt payments are recorded and paid timely and accurately. Prepares month-end reconciliation reports and validates the balance of prepaid and accrual accounts. Works with cross-functional partners to obtain information for timely accruals.
- Inventory: Inputs transactions into our system(s) to relieve inventory from our books and record the proper expense according to what was installed by our field employees. Ensures accurate and timely review of inventory reconciliation variances. Prepares monthly inventory reconciliations to ensure current and accurate balances.
- Expense Reporting: Creates journal entries to record expenses from credit card transactions. Reconciles expense-related accounts monthly while creating and updating reporting. Maintains expense reporting system, including new hires, terminations, and changes to existing records.
NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, taxes, and related principles and practices.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and communication platforms.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to reconcile accounts and prepare reports.
- Skill in logic and math and logically presenting statistical information.
- Skill in verbal and written communication.
- Possess talent and personal traits of analytical thinking, communication, decision making, detail-orientated, interpersonal skills, integrity, leading/developing others, accountability of self and others, organization, self-management, problem solving and ability to deal with various priorities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of Associate Degree in Accounting and / or Finance is required, and undergraduate degree is preferred.
- Three years' experience or a combination of education and experience that illustrates a proven track record in the accounting field.
At Thrasher, were a group of passionate, determined and ambitious individuals who use our collective experiences to solve complex problems day in and day out. Together, were working to redefine our industry and its perception. To push farther, think harder and do better because theres only one right way. If this description sounds like you, and you want to join a family-oriented, growing team of outstanding individuals, click on "apply now." You can also visit our careers page at https://careers.gothrasher.com or our website at www.gothrasher.com. EOE