Thrasher, Inc. is seeking a motivated and detailed Staff Accountant Accounts Receivable to join our team. At Thrasher, youre more than a cog on corporate wheel. Youre a part of a family. We take pride in cultivating a culture that our employees dont want to leave and refuse to let die. We strive for a greater workplace. When you join Thrasher, youll join a collective of engineers, sales professionals, marketers, field technicians and support staff that prides themselves on being the best.
If you have the experience listed below and are excited to join a team that's constantly moving forward apply today to join our team as the Staff Accountant Accounts Receivable.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Staff Accountant Accounts Receivable is responsible for customer invoicing and collections, including finance charges and supporting the Thrasher Care Club. This role is also responsible for championing any financing arrangements with the customer and third-party financing source. Additionally, we expect employees to show enterprise commitment and be willing to do duties outside of their normal job responsibilities.
At Thrasher our values are important we don't just talk about them we live them. We are looking for people who share our values of:
- One Team: Individuals unified as a family and empowered to be extraordinary.
- One Passion: Being relentless in the pursuit of constant improvement.
- One Experience: Providing WOW service to every customer, every time.
- One Community: Being an advocate for our community, returning the blessings we've been given.
This position requires a diverse skill set, however, to fill the primary needs of this position the incumbent must:
- Verify that all financing applications are processed timely and follow up on any applicable paperwork prior to installation.
- Thoroughly understand the various financing options and provide education to our cross-functional teams.
- Maintain open relationships with each financing source.
- Review prepared invoices to ensure performed services have the appropriate documentation prior to sending to customer.
- Be responsible for timely invoicing of customers and processing of invoices through various systems.
- Research and resolve billing inquiries and issues.
- Work with other employees to answer questions and solve issues.
Collections <60 Days
- Monitor accounts to identify overdue payments.
- Follow up with customer on payment when account is 15- and 30-days past-due to request and encourage payment in addition to an as-needed basis up until 60 days.
- Provide timely follow-up on payment arrangements with customer.
- Keep accurate records and reporting on collection activity.
- Make outbound collection calls in a professional manner while keeping and improving customer relations.
- Use Thrasher customer messaging and execute on all company programs and processes.
- Identify issues attributing to account delinquency and discuss with supervisor.
- Evaluate each account 30+ days past-due and assessing finance charges.
- Prepare and send statements and finance charge invoices for past-due customers on a monthly basis
Thrasher Care Club
- Maintain master listing of all Thrasher Care customers.
- Accurately record Thrasher Care deferred income on a monthly basis.
- Prepare and process monthly ACH withdrawal with our bank.
- Periodically compare report from customer relationship management system of Thrasher Care customers to general ledger transactions to ensure they match.
NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, taxes, and related principles and practices.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and communication platforms.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to reconcile accounts and prepare reports.
- Skill in logic and math and logically presenting statistical information.
- Skill in verbal and written communication.
- Possess talent and personal traits of analytical thinking, communication, decision making, detail-orientated, interpersonal skills, integrity, leading/developing others, accountability of self and others, organization, self-management, problem solving and ability to deal with various priorities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of Associate Degree in Accounting and/or finance or equivalent experience is required.
- Minimum of three years' collections experience required.
- Bilingual (English / Spanish) is a plus.
At Thrasher, were a group of passionate, determined and ambitious individuals who use our collective experiences to solve complex problems day in and day out. Together, were working to redefine our industry and its perception. To push farther, think harder and do better because theres only one right way. If this description sounds like you, and you want to join a family-oriented, growing team of outstanding individuals, click on "apply now." You can also visit our careers page at https://careers.gothrasher.com or our website at www.gothrasher.com. EOE