At Medical Solutions, we’re people who care, helping people who care. No matter how you look at it, there’s a whole lot of care going on in our world and that’s just the way we like it.
What do we do? Medical Solutions is one of the nation’s largest providers of total workforce solutions in the healthcare industry, connecting nurses and allied health clinicians with hospitals and healthcare systems across the country and around the corner. Through our family of brands, we also serve a segment of clients outside of the healthcare space. And we’re the very best at what we do.
You’ll love our culture that’s filled with heart and soul. As a company and employer, we’re sincerely and unabashedly us. We lead as humans first and believe the unique qualities of each team member make us better together. We share a purpose for helping others and the drive to make a difference. And we offer endless opportunities for personal and professional growth, throughout your career.
At Medical Solutions, you’ll find a great place to work and a career home. We’ve received Best Places to Work awards, landed top industry awards, and received accolades for the impact we’ve made in business and within our community.
But the only way to really get to know us, is to join us. We think you’ll fit right in.
Sr. Benefits Manager – Job Description
The Sr. Benefits Manager is responsible for strategy, design, administration, and compliance of all benefit programs. You will oversee all aspects of the daily administration of our benefits package, developing, and implementing competitive and cost-effective benefit programs. You will perform a range of duties including learning and improving Benefits team processes, recommending new benefit programs, improving benefit communication and education program, maintaining, and developing staff, and preparing and distributing reports. The successful candidate will have a passion for benefits and ensure that all benefit policies, practices, and systems are regularly updated and compliant. You will have experience implementing and leading benefits programs, along with excellent decision-making skills, and leading benefits administration in an HRIS system. In addition, the ideal candidate will be highly motivated, highly organized, and detail oriented. This position is exempt (salaried) and is not eligible for additional pay if overtime hours are worked.
- Supervise employees and daily operations of our benefits
- Develop benefits strategy and create roadmap for upcoming years
- Evaluate and modify existing benefit programs, policies, and procedures
- Collect, analyze, and summarize trends and developments in benefits offered by other organizations
- Closely work with Finance, HR, and Sales leaders to evaluate and modify existing benefit programs, policies, and procedures
- Partner with other leaders in the company, such as Finance, Sales, Marketing, etc, to study current workforce and benefit engagement
- Recommend, develop, and implement competitive and cost-efficient programs
- Ensure all programs, policies and procedures comply with current legislation in all states
- Evaluate HRIS benefit configurations and ensure benefit admin system is set up for proper administration to comply with plan document
- Responsible for updating HRIS to any changes needed for benefits administration compliance
- Inform Finance and HR leaders of benefit usage by preparing and distributing benefit reports
- Partner with Marketing and Training to assess, design, develop and implement benefit education for both internal and external employees
- Own the relationship with brokers and partner with them for benefit recommendations, trends, and resolution on benefit-related issues
- Lead Open Enrollment process, including reviewing and understanding plan designs, updating/building HRIS system, updating benefit materials and compliance notices, and communicating new plans
- Monitor costs and effectiveness of benefit programs, identify opportunities to reduce or contain costs
- Develop team compliance calendar to ensure all benefits reporting and filing is completed timely
- Assist and resolve all employees with benefits-related questions
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning tasks to team and following up on results
- Maintain staff by coaching, monitoring, and disciplining team members
- Maintain professional knowledge by attending educational workshops and networking with HR professionals
- Direct liaison with outside vendors
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or relevant field required
- 5+ years’ experience as a Benefits Manager or related role
- 1-3 years’ supervisory experience required
- Relevant certifications, such as CEBS, preferred
- Experience managing benefits in a Human Resources Information System (HRIS)
- Strong knowledge of federal, state and local laws and regulations
- Strong understanding of business management, financial and leadership principles
- Ability to effectively communicate information with all levels in the organization and vendors
- Flexible personal style to work with diverse personalities. Professional, yet personable demeanor
- Strong collaboration, leadership, and coaching skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/assignments while consistently meeting deadlines
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- MS Office experience, including skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Strong team player and ability to work with others within and outside of team
- Self-starter and ability to maintain focus
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and overtime when needed
Some of the benefits we offer…
- Insurance: Day 1 benefits (health, dental, vision, 401(k) + employer match) and company-paid life insurance; short and long-term disability; supplemental life insurance for yourself, spouse & child(ren); and multiple voluntary benefits
- Remote work option – we’re where you are!
- Flexible PTO (PT-Oh!)
- Flexible schedules
- Award-winning training program
- Connectivity stipend
- Competitive compensation as part of our total rewards package
- (8) paid Holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- We live our Values in all we do
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Focus on total wellbeing
- Employee Experience Team that provides perks in-office and virtually
- Relaxed culture and casual dress (t-shirts and flip-flops welcome!)
Learn more about Medical Solutions and what it’s like to be part of our team. Check out our Careers website, https://www.thebestjobieverhad.com.