At Medical Solutions, we’re people who care, helping people who care. No matter how you look at it, there’s a whole lot of care going on in our world and that’s just the way we like it.
What do we do? Medical Solutions is one of the nation’s largest providers of total workforce solutions in the healthcare industry, connecting nurses and allied health clinicians with hospitals and healthcare systems across the country and around the corner. Through our family of brands, we also serve a segment of clients outside of the healthcare space. And we’re the very best at what we do.
You’ll love our culture that’s filled with heart and soul. As a company and employer, we’re sincerely and unabashedly us. We lead as humans first and believe the unique qualities of each team member make us better together. We share a purpose for helping others and the drive to make a difference. And we offer endless opportunities for personal and professional growth, throughout your career.
At Medical Solutions, you’ll find a great place to work and a career home. We’ve received Best Places to Work awards, landed top industry awards, and received accolades for the impact we’ve made in business and within our community.
But the only way to really get to know us, is to join us. We think you’ll fit right in.
Director, Data Science – Job Description
Our team is looking to bring on a Director, Data Science who is passionate about creating awesome advanced analytics solutions for our customers and our teammates. You’ll be responsible for guiding the data science team in best practices, leading advanced analytic projects, and managing the team. You’ll be a strategic partner to leaders and teams across the enterprise to champion innovative, data-driven solutions to optimize healthcare staffing services. The ideal candidate will practice servant leadership, encouraging the team to be flexible, proactive, and solution focused.
We value open and honest communication, and we strive to create a positive and fun team-based environment. We want teammates that challenge themselves, as well as those around them to create high quality analytical products and services.
Strategy & Direction
- Develop and champion Medical Solutions’ data science initiatives and strategy, with a strong vision for revolutionizing the healthcare staffing industry
- Lead building of data science and advanced analytics roadmaps and manage strategic portfolio
- Partner with business leaders and teams to gain deep understanding of their data requirements to lead applying advanced analytics solutions to optimize them
Leadership and Team Management
- Build a high-performing team of Data Scientists, capable of designing, developing, evaluating, and deploying predictive modeling, machine learning (ML), advanced analytics solutions
- Act as a servant leader who guides the team to reach their goals
- Lead project teams of data scientists and supporting roles (e.g. data engineers) to deliver end-to-end innovative, high-quality advanced analytic solutions with measurable business value
- Coach, mentor, and guide data scientists to advance their career development in both technical and non-technical areas
- Manage Data Science headcount and operational budget
- Build relationships with partner teams and executive leadership
- Collaborate with stakeholders/SMEs to ensure business expertise is available throughout the project lifecycle
- Work cross-functionally with resources such as analysts, data engineers, architects, DBAs, infrastructure to design and deliver advanced analytic solutions
- Employ expert-level data visualization to summarize and present key insights to both technical and non-technical audiences including presenting predictions and other analytical outcomes
- Identify new statistical methods, technologies, and design patterns for the enterprise data science/ML capabilities
- Lead and contribute to architectural design discussions
- Guide teams in ML-Ops implementations, standards and best practice definition and enforcement, as well as testing processes for the team
- Prioritize data pipeline and model testing within the team to ensure a high level of code coverage and quality
- Stay current with the approved enterprise technology
- Master’s degree in Statistics, Data Science, or a closely related discipline in a Computer Science field (or equivalent)
- Minimum 7 years of demonstrated experience with utilizing machine learning and analytics to optimize business outcomes including detailed experience with machine learning methods, design, build, testing, and implementation
- Minimum 7 years of experience working with Database Management Systems, Data Lake, and cloud-based ML Ecosystems such as Spark or Azure Data Bricks
- Minimum 10 years in a people leadership and management capacity in the data science and analytics space
- Deep understanding and experience with advanced statistics and modern machine learning predictive techniques, including GLMs, decision trees, forests, boosted ensembles, neural networks, deep learning, and graph analytics
- Experience using Integrated Development Environments like Notebooks (e.g. Jupyter), and Visual Studio with SSDT, Azure Data Tools, SQL Server Management Studio
- Skilled in data modeling for advanced analytics
- Deep understanding of common design patterns and their uses
- Skilled using DataOps and ML-Ops processes and tools and creating operational, production machine learning models
- Proficiency with ETL and ELT design patterns and optimization as well as complex orchestration via tools like Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Bricks, or similar
- Using work management tools such as Jira or Azure DevOps
- Experienced with web services and other Application Programming Interfaces
- Expert knowledge of SQL
- Expert knowledge and application of modern data science languages such as Python, R, Scala, etc.
- Strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills
- Collaborative and team-centric servant leadership
- Provides feedback in a constructive way to team members
- Expert problem solver
- Ability to anticipate changes and impacts
- Iterative mindset focused on constant improvement
- Ability to capacity plan at a team level
- Staffing Industry experience
- Travel Nursing experience
- Medical field or terminology background
Some of the benefits we offer…
- Insurance: Day 1 benefits (health, dental, vision, 401(k) + employer match) and company-paid life insurance; short and long-term disability; supplemental life insurance for yourself, spouse & child(ren); and multiple voluntary benefits
- Remote work option – we’re where you are!
- Flexible PTO (PT-Oh!)
- Flexible schedules
- Award-winning training program
- Connectivity stipend
- Competitive compensation as part of our total rewards package
- (8) paid Holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- We live our Values in all we do
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Focus on total wellbeing
- Employee Experience Team that provides perks in-office and virtually
- Relaxed culture and casual dress (t-shirts and flip-flops welcome!)
Learn more about Medical Solutions and what it’s like to be part of our team. Check out our Careers website, https://www.thebestjobieverhad.com.