At Medical Solutions, we’re people who care, helping people who care. No matter how you look at it, there’s a whole lot of care going on in our world and that’s just the way we like it.
What do we do? Medical Solutions is one of the nation’s largest providers of total workforce solutions in the healthcare industry, connecting nurses and allied health clinicians with hospitals and healthcare systems across the country and around the corner. Through our family of brands, we also serve a segment of clients outside of the healthcare space. And we’re the very best at what we do.
You’ll love our culture that’s filled with heart and soul. As a company and employer, we’re sincerely and unabashedly us. We lead as humans first and believe the unique qualities of each team member make us better together. We share a purpose for helping others and the drive to make a difference. And we offer endless opportunities for personal and professional growth, throughout your career.
At Medical Solutions, you’ll find a great place to work and a career home. We’ve received Best Places to Work awards, landed top industry awards, and received accolades for the impact we’ve made in business and within our community.
But the only way to really get to know us, is to join us. We think you’ll fit right in.
Payroll Compliance Specialist – Job Description
The Payroll Compliance Specialist will be a member of the Payroll Compliance team and report to the Payroll Compliance Team Lead. The Payroll Compliance Specialist will be responsible for various payroll compliance tasks, auditing and will provide payroll support to the Traveler Payroll team and other departments as needed. This position is considered “non-exempt” (hourly).
- Perform various tax audits to ensure taxes are set up correctly in UltiPro
- Review tax questions in Payroll inbox by responding or referring to Internal tax team
- Perform starts verification audits such as Sick Pay Setup
- Assist with Payroll Processing through reporting in UltiPro and creation of imports
- Responsible for garnishments and arrears report
- Hospital Location Codes Setup
- Work return direct deposit report
- Responsible for various reports including gift card payouts, car rental etc.
- Negative taxes/zero wages report
- Provide back up to Traveler Payroll team due to high volume or coverage needs
- Maintain payroll operations by following policies and procedures
- Maintain employee confidence and protect payroll operations by keeping information confidential
- Provide excellent customer service to various internal and external customers
- Other duties as assigned
- 1 year of Traveler Payroll experience
- Ability to effectively communicate information to employees and management
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/assignments while consistently meeting deadlines
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- MS Office experience, including skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Team player and ability to work with others within and outside of team
- Self-starter with the ability to multi-task, maintain focus and meet deadlines
- Flexibility to work varied hours to meet workload demands and overtime if needed
Some of the benefits we offer…
- Insurance: Day 1 benefits (health, dental, vision, 401(k) + employer match) and company-paid life insurance; short and long-term disability; supplemental life insurance for yourself, spouse & child(ren); and multiple voluntary benefits
- Remote work option – we’re where you are!
- Flexible PTO (PT-Oh!)
- Flexible schedules
- Award-winning training program
- Connectivity stipend
- Competitive compensation as part of our total rewards package
- (8) paid Holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- We live our Values in all we do
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Focus on total wellbeing
- Employee Experience Team that provides perks in-office and virtually
- Relaxed culture and casual dress (t-shirts and flip-flops welcome!)
Learn more about Medical Solutions and what it’s like to be part of our team. Check out our Careers website, https://www.thebestjobieverhad.com.