At Medical Solutions, we’re people who care, helping people who care. No matter how you look at it, there’s a whole lot of care going on in our world and that’s just the way we like it.
What do we do? Medical Solutions is one of the nation’s largest providers of total workforce solutions in the healthcare industry, connecting nurses and allied health clinicians with hospitals and healthcare systems across the country and around the corner. Through our family of brands, we also serve a segment of clients outside of the healthcare space. And we’re the very best at what we do.
You’ll love our culture that’s filled with heart and soul. As a company and employer, we’re sincerely and unabashedly us. We lead as humans first and believe the unique qualities of each team member make us better together. We share a purpose for helping others and the drive to make a difference. And we offer endless opportunities for personal and professional growth, throughout your career.
At Medical Solutions, you’ll find a great place to work and a career home. We’ve received Best Places to Work awards, landed top industry awards, and received accolades for the impact we’ve made in business and within our community.
But the only way to really get to know us, is to join us. We think you’ll fit right in.
Collections Analyst – Job Description
A Collections Analyst is responsible for managing the timely recovery of outstanding invoices due. The Collector utilizes multiple tools, resources, and a high level of professional communication to effectively resolve and manage aging.
- Collections and Aging
- Make regular collection contact on all past due accounts.
- Identify and put to action the work an account needs to not exceed a reasonable past due. The focus should be to collect at a rate that allows business to grow and sustain staffing on an account yet limit risk.
- If there is no response to 2 emails, calls should ensue.
- Collection portfolio’s past due should be worked front to back on average every 10 to 14 days whereas some may only need monthly maintenance, and others multiple within 1 week.
- Every 3 weeks accounts should be worked smallest to largest to ensure we are cleaning up isolated balance accounts.
- Debits and credits should be processed while working an account holistically.
- Priority to work aging is 60-90+ past due, repeated emphasis on the 90+ and all significant balance 30 day past due accounts before looping back.
- Initiate and orchestrate resolutions, implementing prevention of additional discrepancies when possible.
- Resend invoices as needed and verify all information is accurate.
- Commit to growing self-escalation skillset and being of help to others.
- Document affiliate, vendor, and facility correspondence within the system as a historical record.
- Communicate timely and professionally.
- Manage emails in an efficient way that responses can be completed within 24 hours. The inbox should be a to do list.
- Behavioral Competencies
- Attitude & Effort: Be open to coaching-feedback and the commitment to learning. Implement training and expectations as they ensure excellent department and company outcomes.
- Customer Satisfaction: Provide prompt, quality service to both our internal and external customers, verbally and written.
- Value team and give people the assumption of good intent.
- Time Management: prioritize work tasks ensuring detail, being organized, and showing efficiency.
- Display Mission & Values: Own It; be the difference maker, boldly and authentically. Connect; engage and collaborate openly and sincerely. Wow; impact and inspire, with levity and humanity.
- Systems & Tools
- Utilize platforms and tools effectively and efficiently, documenting where and how expected.
- Work fluidly and with competence within the credit tools and financial resources such as DNBi, PS payment history, public record and reporting sites
- Demonstrate proficiency in utilizing computer systems/applications (i.e., MS Office, Remi, Notes, Internet, Excel) to satisfactorily perform the job functions and duties associated with the position.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the leadership/management team.
- High school education is required.
- Ability to make sound financial decisions
- The ability to:
- Utilize a touch-tone telephone, designated computer programs and peripheral computer equipment, keyboard for numeric entry and retrieval of data, and use of miscellaneous office equipment (fax, printer, and copier)
- Perform basic business math functions
- Use Windows and MS Office applications proficiently
- Ability to type at least 35 words per minute
- Organize tasks and manage time and multi-task with a sense of urgency and efficiency
- Function as a cohesive team member, engaging in open communication with all team members, and proactively working in support of the department’s performance goals
- At least 1 year of collections preferably B2B
Some of the benefits we offer…
- Insurance: Day 1 benefits (health, dental, vision, 401(k) + employer match) and company-paid life insurance; short and long-term disability; supplemental life insurance for yourself, spouse & child(ren); and multiple voluntary benefits
- Remote work option – we’re where you are!
- Flexible PTO (PT-Oh!)
- Flexible schedules
- Award-winning training program
- Connectivity stipend
- Competitive compensation as part of our total rewards package
- (8) paid Holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- We live our Values in all we do
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Focus on total wellbeing
- Employee Experience Team that provides perks in-office and virtually
- Relaxed culture and casual dress (t-shirts and flip-flops welcome!)
Learn more about Medical Solutions and what it’s like to be part of our team. Check out our Careers website, https://www.thebestjobieverhad.com.