At Medical Solutions, we’re people who care, helping people who care. No matter how you look at it, there’s a whole lot of care going on in our world and that’s just the way we like it.
What do we do? Medical Solutions is one of the nation’s largest providers of total workforce solutions in the healthcare industry, connecting nurses and allied health clinicians with hospitals and healthcare systems across the country and around the corner. Through our family of brands, we also serve a segment of clients outside of the healthcare space. And we’re the very best at what we do.
You’ll love our culture that’s filled with heart and soul. As a company and employer, we’re sincerely and unabashedly us. We lead as humans first and believe the unique qualities of each team member make us better together. We share a purpose for helping others and the drive to make a difference. And we offer endless opportunities for personal and professional growth, throughout your career.
At Medical Solutions, you’ll find a great place to work and a career home. We’ve received Best Places to Work awards, landed top industry awards, and received accolades for the impact we’ve made in business and within our community.
But the only way to really get to know us, is to join us. We think you’ll fit right in.
Lead Data Engineer – Job Description
Our team is currently looking for a Lead Data Engineer who is passionate about creating awesome analytics solutions for our customers and our teammates. As a Lead, you’ll be responsible for guiding the business intelligence team in best practices, coding standards, and data ops processes. You’ll be hands on with solution delivery, a mentor, and encouraging the team to be flexible, proactive, and solution focused. The ideal candidate will identify and implement solutions that enable self-service functionality while maintaining data integrity.
We value open and honest communication, and we strive to create a positive and fun team-based environment. We want teammates that challenge themselves, as well as those around them to create high quality analytical products and services.
- Develop and maintain enterprise data warehouse and business intelligence solutions
- Design, build, and test solutions for data transformation from a variety of data sources while modeling data in an efficient and performant manner
- Work directly with customers to understand reporting and analytics needs
- Collaborate with customers and BI analysts to design and build BI semantic solutions to enable governed self-service
- Assist in building technical roadmap for analytic products
- Be a resource to your team and organization as a subject matter expert
- Provide technical and professional mentorship to your teammates
- Work with Product Owners and Scrum Masters to help determine priority and assess timelines
- Be a committed agile teammate who guides the team to reach their goals
- Participate in all agile ceremonies, including: planning, pointing, demos, and retros
- Enforce industry and company best practices within your team
- Prioritize unit tests, both manual and automated, to ensure the highest code quality
- Responsible for timely and thorough code reviews
- Responsible for documenting all solutions and metadata to the required company standard
- Continually learn and stay up-to-date with the ever-changing analytics technical landscape
- Mentor other team members on new technologies and practices
- Work with external vendors to ensure deliverables meet company needs and standards
- Own the data ops delivery pipeline and processes
- Participate in architectural design decisions and communicate those to your team
- Bachelor’s degree in Data Analytics, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Mathematics or similar analytical field
- Minimum 5 years of experience working with data warehousing design and delivery with preference given to cloud DW experience in Snowflake or Azure Synapse
- Deep knowledge of data transformation tools such as Azure Data Factory or SSIS and push down ELT methodologies and tools
- Experience building and designing BI semantic models in SSAS tabular
- Working knowledge of data visualization tools, with preference to PowerBI
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite with emphasis on Excel (pivot tables, v-lookup, working with data from BI semantic models)
- Knowledge of paginated and tabular reporting tools (e.g. SSRS)
- Advanced knowledge of SQL and tuning SQL including analysis of query plans
- Experience and expertise in Python and familiarity with application of modern data science languages such as Python, R, etc.
Some of the benefits we offer…
- Insurance: Day 1 benefits (health, dental, vision, 401(k) + employer match) and company-paid life insurance; short and long-term disability; supplemental life insurance for yourself, spouse & child(ren); and multiple voluntary benefits
- Remote work option – we’re where you are!
- Flexible PTO (PT-Oh!)
- Flexible schedules
- Award-winning training program
- Connectivity stipend
- Competitive compensation as part of our total rewards package
- (8) paid Holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- We live our Values in all we do
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Focus on total wellbeing
- Employee Experience Team that provides perks in-office and virtually
- Relaxed culture and casual dress (t-shirts and flip-flops welcome!)
Learn more about Medical Solutions and what it’s like to be part of our team. Check out our Careers website, https://www.thebestjobieverhad.com.