At Medical Solutions, we’re people who care, helping people who care. No matter how you look at it, there’s a whole lot of care going on in our world and that’s just the way we like it.
What do we do? Medical Solutions is one of the nation’s largest providers of total workforce solutions in the healthcare industry, connecting nurses and allied health clinicians with hospitals and healthcare systems across the country and around the corner. Through our family of brands, we also serve a segment of clients outside of the healthcare space. And we’re the very best at what we do.
You’ll love our culture that’s filled with heart and soul. As a company and employer, we’re sincerely and unabashedly us. We lead as humans first and believe the unique qualities of each team member make us better together. We share a purpose for helping others and the drive to make a difference. And we offer endless opportunities for personal and professional growth, throughout your career.
At Medical Solutions, you’ll find a great place to work and a career home. We’ve received Best Places to Work awards, landed top industry awards, and received accolades for the impact we’ve made in business and within our community.
But the only way to really get to know us, is to join us. We think you’ll fit right in.
Billing Specialist – Job Description
A Billing Specialist is responsible for handling all invoices for the medical division and ensuring the correct invoice and supporting documentation is sent to clients and/or utilizing the Vendor Management Systems or reverse invoicing process to approve, deny, or dispute billing/invoices and send payment application instructions to accounting.
- Standard Billing
- Disperse invoices to appropriate team members weekly
- Email or mail invoices weekly that do not require documentation or that have proper documentation
- Manage the invoice doc required list, hold invoices missing documentation, match up documentation with the invoices being held, mark them off in the system when received, and then send to client
- Send invoice revision request to accounting and then send to client once revisions are completed
- VMS Billing
- Process reverse invoices for clients that do not receive an invoice from Aureus Medical
- Utilize different websites and programs to verify accurate billing and payment received from client
- Approve and dispute any differences found and communicate with both clients and co-workers regarding differences
- Send payment application instructions to accounting at time of approval in order to ensure payment is applied timely
- Document all correspondence with facilities and communicate status to Account Managers
- Communicate professionally, both orally and written, with clients, candidates, and co-workers.
- Behavioral Competencies
- Attitude & Effort: Displays a willingness to learn, accepts coaching/feedback, and practices the effort/activity required to succeed
- Customer Satisfaction: Provides prompt, quality service to internal and external customers, creates effective working relationships and works to resolve issues effectively and professionally
- Teamwork/Cooperation: Builds relationships with co-workers and supervisors by helping others, offering assistance, and supporting what’s best for the team/department
- Time Management: Prioritizes job duties and organizes work responsibilities efficiently by planning and time-blocking
- Mission & Values: Portrays the company’s mission and value statements in all business conversations, transactions, and decisions
- Systems & Tools
- Demonstrate proficiency in utilizing computer systems/applications (i.e., MS Office, Remi, Notes, Internet) to satisfactorily perform the job functions and duties associated with the position
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Manager or as the situation dictates.
- High school education is required
- At least 1 year of payroll, accounting, collections, or related work experience
- The ability to:
- Utilize a touch-tone telephone, designated computer programs and peripheral computer equipment, keyboard for numeric entry and retrieval of data, and use of miscellaneous office equipment (fax, printer, copier)
- Reconcile payroll statements accurately and timely
- Perform basic business math functions
- Use Windows and MS Office applications proficiently
- Ability to type at least 35 words per minute
- Organize tasks and manage time and multi-task with a sense of urgency and efficiency
- Function as a cohesive team member, engaging in open communication with all team members, and proactively working in support of the Division’s performance goals
Some of the benefits we offer…
- Insurance: Day 1 benefits (health, dental, vision, 401(k) + employer match) and company-paid life insurance; short and long-term disability; supplemental life insurance for yourself, spouse & child(ren); and multiple voluntary benefits
- Remote work option – we’re where you are!
- Flexible PTO (PT-Oh!)
- Flexible schedules
- Award-winning training program
- Connectivity stipend
- Competitive compensation as part of our total rewards package
- (8) paid Holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- We live our Values in all we do
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Focus on total wellbeing
- Employee Experience Team that provides perks in-office and virtually
- Relaxed culture and casual dress (t-shirts and flip-flops welcome!)
Learn more about Medical Solutions and what it’s like to be part of our team. Check out our Careers website, https://www.thebestjobieverhad.com.