At Medical Solutions, we’re people who care, helping people who care. No matter how you look at it, there’s a whole lot of care going on in our world and that’s just the way we like it.
What do we do? Medical Solutions is one of the nation’s largest providers of total workforce solutions in the healthcare industry, connecting nurses and allied health clinicians with hospitals and healthcare systems across the country and around the corner. Through our family of brands, we also serve a segment of clients outside of the healthcare space. And we’re the very best at what we do.
You’ll love our culture that’s filled with heart and soul. As a company and employer, we’re sincerely and unabashedly us. We lead as humans first and believe the unique qualities of each team member make us better together. We share a purpose for helping others and the drive to make a difference. And we offer endless opportunities for personal and professional growth, throughout your career.
At Medical Solutions, you’ll find a great place to work and a career home. We’ve received Best Places to Work awards, landed top industry awards, and received accolades for the impact we’ve made in business and within our community.
But the only way to really get to know us, is to join us. We think you’ll fit right in.
Database Developer – Job Description
Medical Solutions' Database Developers work with application developers to create innovative and engaging software that is used by a diverse set of customers, both internal and external. The software we create is a vital component of a company that is changing the landscape in the travel nursing industry.
Our team is currently looking for a Database Software Developer who is passionate about creating awesome experiences for our customers and teammates. We need our developers to be flexible, proactive, and solution focused. We value open and honest communication, and we strive to create a positive and fun team-based environment. We want teammates that challenge themselves, as well as those around them to create high quality products and services.
Our Database Software Developers are responsible for designing, coding, and unit testing mission critical products and services that are used by thousands of end users. They create and support a variety of products, from our Dynamics-based CRM to custom web portals and mobile apps. Our applications are built using the Microsoft .NET stack, including SQL, leveraging Azure for cloud services and storage.
They’ll need to consider all of the potential impacts of changes to our enterprise system and design solutions that prepare us for the future without breaking what we use today.
- Works with Product Owners and Scrum Masters to help determine priority and assess timelines
- Be a committed agile teammate that pitches in to help the team reach all of their goals
- Participate in all agile ceremonies, including planning, pointing, demos, and retros
- Prioritize unit tests, both manual and automated, to ensure the highest code quality
- Responsible for documenting all solutions and metadata to the required company standard
- Familiarity with non-Microsoft databases including Postgres and MySQL
- Familiarity with no-SQL databases, such as Cosmos
- In-depth knowledge of data systems and database methodology, design, and modeling
- Proven ability to design, implement and support SQL Server best practices
- In-depth knowledge of database security concepts
- Expert level knowledge of database & query performance tuning
- Stay up to date on data analytic trends and employ industry (and company) best practices
- Continually learn and stay up to date with the ever-changing technical landscape
- Mentor other team members on new database technologies and practices
- Follow the data ops delivery pipeline and processes
- Be a resource and mentor to your team and organization as a technical subject matter expert Participate in architectural design decisions and communicate those to your team
- Be a master of something. In other words, have demonstrable knowledge of SQL, ETL, ELT and/or Data Analytics. Have the ability to manage the data landscape within our products and in support of integrations to other solutions
- A desire to learn and work in a .NET enterprise environment
- Experience designing relational databases or other data storage methods
- Familiarity with cloud-based architecture using Azure, AWS, or Google Cloud Services
- A minimum of 3-5 years of database development experience
- Be an enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment
- Have a flexible attitude and the ability to perform under pressure
- Be committed to quality and a thorough approach to the work
- Ability to work well within a fast-paced team
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Proven self-starter and creative problem solver
- Ability to work independently
- SharePoint experience
- SSIS and SSRS experience
- Expertise with Microsoft products and services
- Experience implementing DevOps practices
Some of the benefits we offer…
- Insurance: Day 1 benefits (health, dental, vision, 401(k) + employer match) and company-paid life insurance; short and long-term disability; supplemental life insurance for yourself, spouse & child(ren); and multiple voluntary benefits
- Remote work option – we’re where you are!
- Flexible PTO (PT-Oh!)
- Flexible schedules
- Award-winning training program
- Connectivity stipend
- Competitive compensation as part of our total rewards package
- (8) paid Holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- We live our Values in all we do
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Focus on total wellbeing
- Employee Experience Team that provides perks in-office and virtually
- Relaxed culture and casual dress (t-shirts and flip-flops welcome!)
Learn more about Medical Solutions and what it’s like to be part of our team. Check out our Careers website, https://www.thebestjobieverhad.com.