At Medical Solutions, we’re people who care, helping people who care. No matter how you look at it, there’s a whole lot of care going on in our world and that’s just the way we like it.
What do we do? Medical Solutions is one of the nation’s largest providers of total workforce solutions in the healthcare industry, connecting nurses and allied health clinicians with hospitals and healthcare systems across the country and around the corner. Through our family of brands, we also serve a segment of clients outside of the healthcare space. And we’re the very best at what we do.
You’ll love our culture that’s filled with heart and soul. As a company and employer, we’re sincerely and unabashedly us. We lead as humans first and believe the unique qualities of each team member make us better together. We share a purpose for helping others and the drive to make a difference. And we offer endless opportunities for personal and professional growth, throughout your career.
At Medical Solutions, you’ll find a great place to work and a career home. We’ve received Best Places to Work awards, landed top industry awards, and received accolades for the impact we’ve made in business and within our community.
But the only way to really get to know us, is to join us. We think you’ll fit right in.
Staff Accountant – Job Description
As a member of the accounting team, this position will be responsible for recording, analyzing, and applying the principles of accounting to prepare financial information and analyses.
- Prepare monthly journal entries
- Reconciliation and analysis of general ledger accounts
- Research and resolve any items identified as a part of the month-end process
- Cross-train for coverage of other general ledger functions (i.e.., bank reconciliations, accounts payable, fixed assets, accruals, and prepaids)
- Weekly sales invoice posting
- Participate in weekly, monthly and quarterly financial meetings and present to a variety of stakeholders
- Recognize and develop best practices and continuously evaluate the need for refinement. Ensure internal controls over financial reporting are designed and functioning as intended
- Assist with the completion of the annual audit
- Perform other accounting and finance tasks as requested
- Associates in Accounting and/or work-related experience.
- Public accounting experience preferred
- Sound understanding of GAAP
- Must demonstrate professionalism and the ability to problem solve
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/assignments while consistently meeting deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills and strong attention to detail
- Effective workload management
- Ability to work and function independently and in a team
- Must be honest, ethical, and uphold company values
- Excellent organizational skills
- Bachelor's degree (preferred)
- Proficient knowledge of Outlook, Excel, and Great Plains
- CPA designation
Some of the benefits we offer…
- Insurance: Day 1 benefits (health, dental, vision, 401(k) + employer match) and company-paid life insurance; short and long-term disability; supplemental life insurance for yourself, spouse & child(ren); and multiple voluntary benefits
- Remote work option – we’re where you are!
- Flexible PTO (PT-Oh!)
- Flexible schedules
- Award-winning training program
- Connectivity stipend
- Competitive compensation as part of our total rewards package
- (8) paid Holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- We live our Values in all we do
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Focus on total wellbeing
- Employee Experience Team that provides perks in-office and virtually
- Relaxed culture and casual dress (t-shirts and flip-flops welcome!)
Learn more about Medical Solutions and what it’s like to be part of our team. Check out our Careers website, https://www.thebestjobieverhad.com.