At Medical Solutions, we’re people who care, helping people who care. No matter how you look at it, there’s a whole lot of care going on in our world and that’s just the way we like it.
What do we do? Medical Solutions is one of the nation’s largest providers of total workforce solutions in the healthcare industry, connecting nurses and allied health clinicians with hospitals and healthcare systems across the country and around the corner. Through our family of brands, we also serve a segment of clients outside of the healthcare space. And we’re the very best at what we do.
You’ll love our culture that’s filled with heart and soul. As a company and employer, we’re sincerely and unabashedly us. We lead as humans first and believe the unique qualities of each team member make us better together. We share a purpose for helping others and the drive to make a difference. And we offer endless opportunities for personal and professional growth, throughout your career.
At Medical Solutions, you’ll find a great place to work and a career home. We’ve received Best Places to Work awards, landed top industry awards, and received accolades for the impact we’ve made in business and within our community.
But the only way to really get to know us, is to join us. We think you’ll fit right in.
Associate General Counsel – Job Description
Medical Solutions is hiring an Associate General Counsel. The AGC will provide legal support to the Company primarily in the area of litigation and dispute management. The AGC will partner closely with the General Counsel and other members of our internal team and our insurance partners in the development and execution of case strategy. The AGC will manage outside litigation counsel and review and approve project budgets, counsel fees and expenses. The AGC will provide general legal advice to senior leaders throughout the organization. The AGC will report to the General Counsel.
- Day-to-Day management of all aspects of the company’s litigation, investigations and disputes, from managing and coordinating with outside counsel, to the collection and supervision of discovery, to reporting to the General Counsel on significant litigations and disputes. The AGC will drive strategy and execution on litigation matters and disputes involving the Company.
- Be responsible for a diverse range of litigation and pre-litigation matters in a wide range of practice areas and in numerous jurisdictions across the country.
- Provide advice and counsel to various internal clients to proactively address and resolve current and potential disputes.
- Provide risk management advice to business clients while supporting business objectives.
- Supervise and collaborate with outside counsel to efficiently resolve disputes and manage all aspects of outside counsel relationships.
- Superb human being, other-centered servant leader, unassailable moral and ethical compass, friendly.
- Solutions-oriented problem solver, capable of “seeing the forest through the trees” but can “get in the weeds” when necessary.
- Must be a self-starter, independent thinker who works well with all types of people across all areas of the business.
- Able to recognize and weigh business and legal risks and “think globally” about the implications of legal advice on the business.
- Must love a challenge.
- A relentless advocate for the client (i.e., Medical Solutions), with dogged determination to accomplish difficult tasks.
- Capable of working with a heightened sense of urgency for extended periods of time to meet tight deadlines.
- JD from an ABA-accredited law school and an active license to practice law in Nebraska (or qualifies for in-house practice in Nebraska).
- Superb organizational, analytical, communication, interpersonal, negotiation, drafting and writing skills.
- Strives for balance between personal and professional time.
- Comfortable in their own skin with strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact effectively, work diplomatically, and foster strong relationships with individuals at all levels and throughout the entire company, including outside attorneys and clients.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Familiarity with computer applications.
- Willing to embrace and be additive to the culture of Medical Solutions.
- 5-7 years legal experience, including substantial experience in litigation involving medical malpractice and professional negligence in the field of healthcare.
- Experience working with insurers in managing and resolving covered disputes.
- Experience in employment, wage and hour, EEOC, FLSA and related state law litigation.
Some of the benefits we offer…
- Insurance: Day 1 benefits (health, dental, vision, 401(k) + employer match) and company-paid life insurance; short and long-term disability; supplemental life insurance for yourself, spouse & child(ren); and multiple voluntary benefits
- Remote work option – we’re where you are!
- Flexible PTO (PT-Oh!)
- Flexible schedules
- Award-winning training program
- Connectivity stipend
- Competitive compensation as part of our total rewards package
- (8) paid Holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- We live our Values in all we do
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Focus on total wellbeing
- Employee Experience Team that provides perks in-office and virtually
- Relaxed culture and casual dress (t-shirts and flip-flops welcome!)
Learn more about Medical Solutions and what it’s like to be part of our team. Check out our Careers website, https://www.thebestjobieverhad.com.