The purpose of the Career Consultant role is to develop and build relationships with traveling healthcare professionals, assisting with continued employment through temporary staffing, while providing exceptional customer service and facilitating outstanding patient care. This is a sales position and is considered “exempt”. If overtime hours are worked, there is not additional pay for overtime.
- Be an example for your teammates and representative of our company
- Contact and negotiate all aspects of current travel assignments with potential healthcare professionals
- Work daily with client side team members to match and present qualified health care professionals for placement in our current job openings
- Assist operations staff in accessing, organizing and receiving pre-employment paperwork from placed travelers
- Ongoing weekly follow up with current travelers prior to, during, and after assignment
- Work with team members from our operations and client side to help resolve any issues with travelers (personal or professional)
- Through referrals, lead sources, and cold contacts develop an ongoing strong network of traveling Health Professionals
- Make up to 100+ outbound calls daily
- Be available in the evening and on the weekends to contact leads and to provide outstanding customer service to our candidates and current travelers
- This position scope of responsibility is supervisory in nature, not clinical in nature.
- This position is viewed as a single point of contact for our travelers.
- This position relies on independent judgment, problem solving, timely follow up, outstanding customer service and sales skills.
- Proven success in this role is aided by a very strong work ethic, personal drive and overcoming obstacles.
- Bachelor’s degree OR 2-3 years of successful sales experience
- Excellent rapport/relationship building skills
- Inspiration to succeed and accomplish goals
- Well organized and great attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and re-prioritize throughout the day
- Solid technical and computer skills
- Willingness to learn with an open mind
- Track record of career success and/or longevity in other jobs
- Must have a persistent attitude
- Desire and ability to adhere to Medical Solutions core values and high standard of customer service
- Staffing Industry experience
- Medical field or terminology background
- Phone exposure (customer service, call center, sales, cold calling, etc.)
- Solid sales skills (relationship-based, commissions)
- Successful selling or closing deals through consultative selling techniques