Medical Solutions' Enterprise Architect designs and implements innovative software solutions that are used by a diverse set of customers, both internal and external. The software you design is a vital component of a company that is changing the landscape in the travel nursing industry.
Our team is currently looking for a strategically focused Enterprise Architect. Along with IT management, you will be responsible for defining the technical landscape for our organization. You will assess the current collection of systems and processes and create a modernization and stabilization plan. Working with team members both inside and outside of IT you will be responsible for analysis, design, and delivery of new and existing software solutions.
As an Enterprise Architect you will be given the most challenging technical problems. You'll need to consider all of the potential impacts of changes to our enterprise system and design solutions that prepare us for the future without breaking what we use today.
You will need to be flexible, proactive, and solution focused. We value open and honest communication and we strive to create a positive and fun team based environment. We want teammates that challenge themselves, as well as those around them to create high quality products and services.
- Work directly with customers to understand their needs and convey those needs to other team members in an understandable fashion
- Design and write functional, maintainable code
- Works with Product Owners and Scrum Masters to help determine priority and assess timelines
- Own the delivery pipeline and have a strong understanding of modern DevOps practices
- Prioritize unit tests, both manual and automated, to ensure the highest code quality
- Responsible for timely and thorough code reviews
- Use a cloud first approach to design technical systems that meet varied business needs
- Assess current system landscape and produce a directional roadmap with milestone releases to ultimately modernize all legacy systems and processes
- Document existing and proposed solutions to increase understanding of direction and purpose
- Have a strong understanding of data modeling and domain driven design
- Continually learn and stay up-to-date with the ever-changing technical landscape
- Mentor other team members on new technologies and practices
- Enforce industry and company best practices within our teams
- Work with external vendors to ensure deliverables meet company needs and standards
- Assess new technologies and frameworks and determine their value to the organization
- Possess the ability to drive meetings and projects, keeping other team members informed and engaged
- Estimate costs, both upfront and recurring, for various technical implementations
- Work with the infrastructure team to make sure the needs of the development team and the overall organization are being met
- Work with DBAs to ensure data integrity and reporting needs are being met
- Rapidly prototype POCs to prove the validity of new approaches
- Be a master of something, and good at a lot of things. We don’t care if you’ve been working in Java your whole career. We know software is about more than the language its written in.
- A desire to learn and work in a .NET enterprise environment
- Extensive experience designing relational databases and using other data storage methods
- Strong understanding of cloud-based architecture using Azure, AWS, or Google Cloud Services
- A minimum of 7 years of application development experience
- Be an enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment
- Have a flexible attitude and the ability to perform under pressure
- Be committed to quality and a thorough approach to the work
- Ability to work well within a fast-paced team
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Proven self-starter and creative problem solver
- Ability to work independently
- SharePoint experience
- Previous C# experience
- Experience using Git
- Expertise with Microsoft products and services
- Experience implementing DevOps practices
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or a related field
- A strong company culture built around people
- A challenging yet fun work environment
- Company paid technical conference and travel every year
- On-site concierge service
- Fully stocked break rooms
- Employee-matched 401k
- Available health, vision, dental, and life insurance
- Pet Insurance! Seriously
- Plus much more…
Team Player: Excel as a member of a group and make those around you better
Leadership: Have a strong desire to show others the light
Passionate: Internally motivated to create great software
Flexible: Thrives in an ever changing environment
Be Good: It's easy, treat people like you want to be treated
7+ years of software development
Relational Database: Experienced with SQL and schema design
Version Control: Intimately familiar with Git or other version control systems
Cloud Architecture: Strong understanding of Azure, AWS, Google Cloud, etc.
.NET: Knows and loves the Microsoft stack
Did we mention that we like to have fun? We enjoy ourselves through various company events and outings. One day we might surprise you with Dilly Bars and the next we’re off to a baseball game or picnic in the park.
We work hard, and we play even harder. Think you can handle it? If so, check out the "Careers" section on our website https://www.thebestjobieverhad.com.