ALLO Network Operations Specialist Technician I
Nelnet Highlands Ranch, CO
Responsible for applying in-depth knowledge of the network and networking protocols along with excellent communication skills in order to perform in-depth troubleshooting of all issues that arise. The primary function is to perform network surveillance, escalated network repair and responsible for resolving application and network problems. Ensures Service Level Agreements (SLA's) are met with customers. NOS technicians are driven by Core network functions, dynamic technical abilities and trouble isolation with resolution.
- Understands OSI Layers. Including transport wave DWDM, WDM and FTH technologies.
- Understanding of Layers 2 switching and encapsulation protocols including VLAN tagging, MPLS STP, VTP, COS, QOS
- Understanding of Layer 3 TCP/IP protocol including BGP, OSPF, DHCP, DNS, IPV4, IPV6
- IP Multicast strongly desired
- Understanding of VOIP technologies including signaling, SIP, Unified Voice messaging on a Metaswitch virtual solutions platform.
- Understanding of NMS surveillance platforms along with SNMP traps
- Performs the responsibilities in a high pressure, short timeline environment, which includes managing and responding to aggressive customers.
- Ability to meet SLA requirements and MTTR responses
- Understanding of trouble ticketing systems including REMEDY, Support Director and other Saas systems.
- Manages, (Method of Procedures).
- Works with Field Service Technicians on trouble repair and further network isolation
- Understands, applies and maintains network standards as documented by Architecture & Engineering. Each technology has audit tools in place the generate reports that should be monitored.
- Works with vendors to determine root cause and chronic issues. Creates and implements corrective action plans to address issues.
- Associates Degree or equivalent work/military experience
- Telecommunications or related field
- Combination of education and experience is acceptable
- 3-7 years Operations/Engineering/Layer 1-3 Network experience in a tier 1 or 2 carrier environment
- 2-4 years in a NOC environment or equivalent high paced environment where diligent decision-making and the ability to troubleshoot complex issues are critical.
- Industry Certifications desired: MEF, Cisco, MPLS, VoIP, Video, IP Multicast
- Strong leadership/administrative skills (multitasking, planning, and organizing) a plus
- LAN/WAN networking experience
- Ethernet Circuit Knowledge
- Advanced computer skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong knowledge of scripting languages
- Good troubleshooting skills and methodologies
- Experienced in analyzing issues, distilling and communicating their relevant aspects
- Ability to identify risks/issues and develop recommendations for resolution
- Shift work and on-call flexibility
- Attention to detail
ALLO, A Nelnet Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive Order 11246, and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance. Qualified individuals with disabilities who require reasonable accommodations in order to apply or compete for positions at ALLO, A Nelnet Company may request such accommodations by contacting ALLO, A Nelnet Company Talent Acquisition & Recruiting.
ALLO, A Nelnet Company is a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Workplace.
| Date Posted
December 5, 2017
| Date Closes
January 4, 2018
| Located In
Highlands Ranch, CO
| Job Type
| Start Date
| SOC Category
11-1021.00 General and Operations Managers
This job is related other jobs in these career categories