The purpose of this position is to perform work of general difficulty in the field of fiber optics.
- Prepares inside and outside fiber optical cable for new splicing, re-routing, and restoration.
- Constructs, installs, and splices in several types of splice enclosures, fiber patch panels, and fiber termination frames using a Fusion type splicer.
- Troubleshoots all aspects of the fiber network or individual circuits utilizing test equipment such as the OTDR, Power Meter-Light Source, Visible Light Source, and Fiber Finder.
- Locates underground cable and duct using cable locator.
- Verifies the accuracy and notates any discrepancies relating to re-entry of all existing splice enclosures.
- Quality control inspection of field related work performed by contractors.
- Accurately prepares all field reports relating to work accomplished on a daily basis.
- To provide a safe working environment by being knowledgeable and enforcing all state, local and company safety procedures.
- Operate and maintain company-owned vehicles by inspecting daily and maintaining a valid driver's license.
- To alternate on a weekly basis, the on-call responsibilities relating to emergency restoration.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Completion of Volumes I and II of Technical Training and successful evaluation of related job competencies checklist
- Previous exposure to fiber optic technology.
- Knowledge of ALLO TV installation-construction procedures.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and other employees.
- Ability to work under pressure to successfully complete an assigned task.
- Ability to work with and understand fiber splicing designs.
- Ability to safely use ladders, hooks, and aerial lift trucks.
- Ability to operate company vehicles and maintain a driver's license in good standing.
- See well enough to read manuals, operate test equipment and power tools. See well enough to distinguish colors used to identify individual fibers and to evaluate the quality of completed fiber construction.
- Hear well enough to converse on a telephone or two-way radio, or communicate with customers or other employees.
- Speak well enough to converse on the telephone or a two-way radio.
- Body movement or mobility to climb and maintain balance on a ladder, utility pole or other high locations. Mobility or flexibility to crouch and crawl in tight spaces.
- Dexterity to use hand tools and small power tools, and to complete necessary forms in a legible manner.
ALLO, A Nelnet Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive Order 11246, and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance. Qualified individuals with disabilities who require reasonable accommodations in order to apply or compete for positions at ALLO, A Nelnet Company may request such accommodations by contacting ALLO, A Nelnet Company Talent Acquisition & Recruiting.
ALLO, A Nelnet Company is a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Workplace.