Responds to incoming payer/applicant phone calls and emails, resolving various issues related to their payment accounts and provides follow-up on inquiries. Also makes outbound phone calls and sends emails associated with account research and problem resolution.
Shfit: Mon-Fri 10a-7p
- Actively display a can do attitude and uphold the Performance Based Organization (PBO) principles .
- Answer incoming calls from the ACD line/e-mail inquiries as a top priority and engage callers one-on-one, serving as a positive first point of contact.
- Assist payers/applicants in setting up accounts.
- Provide pertinent information to educate payers/applicants on their account.
- Update demographic and additional information on payer/applicant account.
- Contact payers/applicants regarding their accounts, when necessary, including outbound contact when appropriate.
- Independently troubleshoot and provide problem resolution to address payer/applicant issues or needs. by displaying ownership on escalated calls
- Model and promote good attendance behaviors within the department. Arrive on time and be prepared to take phone calls at scheduled start time. Attend work each scheduled day for the entire shift scheduled. Request leave time in advance of the need. Limit unplanned absences, and when there is an unplanned need to be absent, notify your supervisor or a member of management as soon as the need arises.
- Meet and/or exceed department standards of quality and quantity as per department policies.
1. High school graduate plus 2 years college/technical school (ability to substitute related work experience for college/technical school requirements).
Two years related work experience.
- Ability to consistently meet or exceed department standards.
- Ability to thrive in a team environment.
- Accountable and willing to take ownership.
- Ability to maintain excellent attendance and timeliness to guarantee appropriate customer service levels.
- Strong focus on customer satisfaction.
- Understanding of the importance of active listening skills and the ability to utilize these skills to properly service customers.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Strong oral communications skills.
- Ability to handle stressful situations and meet multiple deadlines.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Excellent accuracy with attention to detail
Nelnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive Order 11246, and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance. Qualified individuals with disabilities who require reasonable accommodations in order to apply or compete for positions at Nelnet may request such accommodations by contacting Nelnet Talent Acquisition & Recruiting.
Nelnet is a drug free and tobacco free workplace.