Respond to customer inquiries regarding general student loan issues & questions. Responsible for the research and administration that relate to these activities.
- Ensure integrity of data and information.
- Respond to customer calls by accessing Loan Servicing and/or Originations systems.
- Resolve issues and complete document transactions (school enrollment updates, deferment/forbearance processing, borrower payments, monetary transactions, claims processing).
- Update information on accounts in the Loan Servicing and/or Originations systems.
- Utilize imaging systems.
- Perform other tasks related to resolving customer needs.
- Contact customers on accounts.
- Negotiate transactions in accordance with established laws, regulations, and policies.
- Prepare reports or filings.
- Monitor and maintain various documents.
- Research and correct issues in an appropriate time period as designated by department standards.
- Reconcile assigned accounts.
- Assist other departments in investigating problems as needed.
- Maintain performance data within the appropriate systems.
High school degree or equivalent required.
1 - 2 years customer service experience and/or general work experience preferred.
Knowledge of Loan Servicing and/or Originations systems preferred.
- Service Excellence
- Oral communications
- Written communications
- Accuracy/Attention to Detail
- Working with MS Office
- Business Math
- Problem Solving
- Managing Multiple Priorities
Nelnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive Order 11246, and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance. Qualified individuals with disabilities who require reasonable accommodations in order to apply or compete for positions at Nelnet may request such accommodations by contacting Nelnet Talent Acquisition & Recruiting.
Nelnet is a drug free and tobacco free workplace.