The Enterprise Business Applications Architect will need to be a bit of a manager, a bit of an architect and a bit of a project manager. This role is both an individual contributor and a consultant. They will help the application engineers find solutions. They will form strong, trusting partnerships with product owners and business stakeholders. They will also manage projects that have been outsourced to outside resources for development and implementation.
- Provide guidance, mentorship, leadership, training, and motivation to application engineering team members.
- Work with the Product Owner and Stakeholders to understand business needs.
- Ensures team adheres to best practices and standards in the areas of technology and security.
- Work alongside the Technical Architect at the high/conceptual level to help design the functional behavior of a system.
- Provide input on Backlog prioritization based on known impacts.
- Review and provide feedback on test cases to ensure that effective and adequate testing is done.
- Keep abreast of advancements and changes in technology and develop an understanding of how new technologies can be leveraged to provide business solutions.
- Ensure business needs are continually supported by the existing software and procedures.
- Responsible for audit management including documentation and reviews.
- Responsible for application portfolio managent.
- Research and evaluate a variety of software products, including custom designed and built solutions when needed.
Bachelor's Degree in Information Sciences or related field and/or commensurate experience.
5 years experience in enterprise business application support. 5 years of experience with working with directly with business executives in guiding decision makers. 2 years project management experience.
- Experience on large systems development projects.
- Proven ability to guide complex system portfolios and assist executive teams set strategic direction.
- Ability to think conceptually and keep the big picture in view.
- Understanding of best practices and methods to integrate applications within the organization and with external partners.
- In-depth knowledge of the full application support lifecycle; with exposure to agile or iterative approaches to delivery preferred.
- Familiar with Agile development practices.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and business functions.
- Knowledge in the area of NIST compliance strongly desired.
- Strong skills in requirements gathering techniques, methods, and practices.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
Nelnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive Order 11246, and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance. Qualified individuals with disabilities who require reasonable accommodations in order to apply or compete for positions at Nelnet may request such accommodations by contacting Nelnet Talent Acquisition & Recruiting.
Nelnet is a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Workplace.