Are you driven by helping students achieve their academic goals? Are you tech savvy? We are seeking teachers to work part-time as Title I Instructional Specialists (teachers) with students during the regular school day, providing instructional services in the areas of reading, language arts, and mathematics.
*This position is located in Lawrence, MA*
- Provide district and non-public schools with pre and post test data that demonstrates student academic improvement as a result of the Title IA services
- Create a personal learning plan based upon assessment data and/or academic teacher referral for supplemental instructional support to students
- Regularly monitor data and provide the district and private schools with quarterly reports of student progress
- Deliver supplemental instruction through push-in and pull-out programs during the school day
- Provide supplemental instructional program through instruction via iPads with specific instructional lessons and activities to supplement the classroom instruction
- Incorporate tutoring in the instruction of the skills and concepts in the identified academic areas of Math, Reading and Language Arts
- Work with non-public schools to coordinate Title IA parent involvement sessions; maintain all related documentation for public school district
- Provide a safe and motivating environment that encourages student success
- Implement supplemental programs in the areas of reading and mathematics according to Title I regulations, procedures, policies, and contract requirements.
- Maintain all required compliance documentation
- Manage inventory of all Title I resources, inventory and equipment
Bachelor's Degree in Education preferred
Minimum 3 years of experience working in a classroom setting
- Passion for education, focusing on the success and achievements of students, parents, and educators
- Knowledge and understanding of federal programs, policies, and procedures
- Exemplary skills monitoring, tracking, and evaluating data to assess program effectiveness
- Technically savvy
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities and achieve results
- Ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team
- Ability to develop positive professional relationships, internally and externally
Nelnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive Order 11246, and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance. Qualified individuals with disabilities who require reasonable accommodations in order to apply or compete for positions at Nelnet may request such accommodations by contacting Nelnet Talent Acquisition & Recruiting.
Nelnet is a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Workplace.