Leads, directs, manages, plans, and administers the operational and administrative activities of a department or product segment.
- Responsible for the formulation and implementation of goals and plans as related to a specific function.
- Reviews, evaluates, and prepares periodic performance reports of staff.
- Coaches, motivates, and professionally develops staff by designing, implementing, scheduling and tracking individualized training programs.
- Interfaces and consults with other managers within the organization to coordinate activities.
- Promotes teamwork and cooperation.
- Participates in project review, development, and implementation process.
- Responsible for resource planning, managing team workload, budget management including developing and maintaining annual budget.
- Reviews new and updated processes and produces as required.
- Provides management reporting.
- Ensures adherence to Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Establishes and maintains client or vendor relationships as needed.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or commensurate experience.
3 to 8 years experience in software development industry with strong expertise in at least one key competency. 3 to 8 years experience as a technical or development leader with a demonstrated ability of successful team leadership.
- Strong team-oriented interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent judgment.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated competency in resolving diverse and complex business problems.
- Strong managerial and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated aptitude in human resources.
- Must have the ability to obtain a security clearance.
Nelnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive Order 11246, and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance. Qualified individuals with disabilities who require reasonable accommodations in order to apply or compete for positions at Nelnet may request such accommodations by contacting Nelnet Talent Acquisition & Recruiting.
Nelnet is a drug free and tobacco free workplace.