Program Support Specialist (Columbus area)
Better Living Counseling Services Inc Columbus, NE
The Program Support Specialist supports client’s well-being by providing in-home services and/or community resources, educating families and individuals, while maintaining client records and recording progress made by clients. The Family Support Worker/Visitation Worker is expected to work in a collaborative manner with other company employees, as well as the Department of Health and Human Services using a team approach in order to provide quality services for all clients. The Family Support Worker/Visitation Worker will keep records in compliance with company and agency policies and procedures.
Required to work evenings and weekends (at least one weekend day)
Areas required of the position include but are not limited to the following:
- Assessing and planning for individual and family needs based upon goals identified.
- Specific knowledge in safety, normal family function, neglect, abuse or exploitation of children.
- Specific knowledge in maintaining economic self-support in order to reduce or eliminate dependency.
- Specific knowledge in achieving or maintaining self-sufficiency, including reduction or prevention of dependency.
- Implements an instructional design to reach learning objectives/outcomes set forth by Department Case Workers.
- Provides transportation with personal vehicle to surrounding communities in conjunction with the provision of services allowed.
- Provide safety intervention to families and individuals when needed.
- Attend scheduled family meetings when assigned by Department/Case Workers or Supervisor.
- Obtains a minimum of 11 hours of pre-service training plus a minimum of 12 hours additional training on an annual basis.
- Collaborates with others to fulfill responsibilities related to company vision, mission, priorities and goals.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in social work or a related field
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Minimum of two years work experience in the human service field (social work, counseling/guidance, psychology, sociology, human development, mental health education or a closely related human service field)
Skills/Qualifications including but not limited to:
- Excellent writing skills and computer skills
- Excellent Listening and verbal communication (including de-escalation and redirection in times of conflict)
- Demonstrates understanding and empathy for others
- Pass a background check (Sexual Offenders Register, the Department of Health & Human Services Central Registers for Adult Protective Services and Child Abuse and Neglect, and a Criminal Background Check.)
- Current and valid Drivers License issued by Nebraska or another State with no more than 3 points assessed.
- Current Auto Inusrance that meets the minimum automobile liability and medical coverage required by Nebraska law.
| Date Posted
March 22, 2019
| Date Closes
April 21, 2019
| Located In
| Job Type
Hourly Wage, Varies
Part time & Full Time hours per week; Flexible
| SOC Category
21-1021.00 Child, Family, and School Social Workers
This job offers the following benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Domestic Partner Benefits (Same-Sex)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Maternity / Paternity / Family Leave
- Professional Liability
- Short-Term Disability
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Employee Referral Program
- Holiday Party
- On-the-Job Training
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacations
- Sick Leave
- Travel Stipends
- Unpaid Leaves of Absence
- Merit Increases
This job requires the following skills
- Children-at-Risk Specialist
- Ability to Work Under Pressure
- Computer Usage
- Excellent Communications
- Excellent Logic and Reasoning
- Positive Attitude
- Strong Work Ethic
- Child and Dependent Abuse Reporting
- Mental Health Care
This job is related other jobs in these career categories