As technology becomes more important in education, Educare of Omaha is adding a new position, Information Technology Specialist, to support the students and families in our early childhood program.
The Information Technology Specialist is responsible for the coordination and implementation of various programs supporting staff and families in the areas of information technology. This includes providing IT support to 5 locations, relating to device management and support as part of the one-to-one device program. This position also serves as the technology liaison with Omaha Public Schools, Educare staff, families and other partners.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY TASKS:
- Cross-platform (Windows/iPad/Chromebook) device management, including maintenance for staff and student/family provided devices
- Perform set-up of tablets and laptops for distribution to staff and as part of the one-to-one device program for students/families.
- Serve as “help desk” for families and staff in the use of equipment and software, responding to support incidents and requests, providing resolution.
- Troubleshoot software and/or hardware for staff and families.
- Coordinate, plan, and perform updates, upgrades, and on-going maintenance.
- Receive returned equipment and prepare for redistribution.
- Maintain inventory of technology equipment and ensure all items are in good working order.
- Hardware and software training and support to staff and families.
- Work with OPS to assign and maintain user access to systems.
- Issue security badges for building entry.
- Coordinate management of IT with Omaha Public Schools and other outside vendors for services as needed.
- Responsible for remaining current on existing and emerging technology including those related to early childhood education.
- Perform other duties as needed.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in management information systems, information technology, computer science or related field required.
- 2+ years’ experience in management information systems or similar required.
- A background in providing help desk support and interfacing with system users is helpful.
- Experience in a non-profit preferred.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
Certifications and Licenses
- Valid driver’s license is required.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Strong knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office 365; Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneDrive, SharePoint.
- Ability to effectively communicate, verbally and in writing, in a manner that demonstrates and fosters cooperation, respect, concern and openness to change.
- Organization skills with the ability to manage time and multiple priorities.
- Ability to collaboratively problem-solve.
- Ability to establish supportive relationships with staff and families from diverse backgrounds
- Familiarity with community culture and knowledge of community resources and services.
- Complies with all confidentiality regulations as required.
- Ability to work within an interdisciplinary team as a cooperative and supportive team member.
Educare of Omaha, Inc. is a collaborative partnership between the Early Head Start/Head Start, Omaha Public Schools and the Buffett Early Childhood Fund. Comprised of the two Educare Omaha Schools (Kellom and Indian Hill) and the three Omaha Early Learning Centers (Skinner, Gateway and Kennedy), the mission of Educare of Omaha, Inc. is to promote school readiness by enhancing the social and cognitive development of children ages 0 to 5 through the provision of evidence-based education, health, nutritional, social, family engagement and other services to enrolled children and their families.
Educare of Omaha