The mission of Educare is to promote school readiness by enhancing the social and cognitive development of children ages 0 to 5 through the provision of evidence-based education, health, nutritional, social and other services to enrolled children and their families.
The Data Specialist is responsible for more complex data entry, translations for the center and assisting with eligibility, recruitment, selection, enrollment, and attendance (ERSEA) tasks. The Data Coordinator is also responsible for coverage of the front desk, in the absence of the Administrative Assistant.
General Clerical Support
- Answers incoming calls and questions, directs callers as necessary.
- Greets families and visitors at the main entrance.
- Enters data into Child Plus database and create reports as needed.
- Assists with copy requests and fax transmittals.
- Maintain Child Plus database with current family contact information and update as needed.
- Takes responsibility for the coverage of the front desk in the absence of the Administrative Assistant I and the Operations Manager.
- Assist with translation of materials distributed to families.
- Enter data for employee training records, home visits and parent staff conferences, and other items needed for monitoring.
- Assist with the management of child files and records by filing paperwork and printing necessary reports from Child Plus database.
- Process and follow up on daily child absence referrals.
- Assist with basic technical support as needed.
- Assist with processing child files for ERSEA as needed.
- Assist with completing initial applications with potential families, as needed.
- Answers inquiries, phone calls and questions regarding ERSEA, as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned within the scope of the job description.
- High school diploma and/or equivalent.
- Previous receptionist experience preferred.
- Experience with MS Word, Excel, and willingness to learn other software programs.
- Must be able to pass a background check that meets compliance standards.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to answer busy phones with tact and courtesy.
- Ability to cordially greet public, staff and students.
- Above average attendance and prior work record.
- Ability to type and perform data entry with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to operate a computer and office equipment, including, but not limited to word processing and spreadsheet software, a telephone, fax machine, and copier.
- Ability to cordially correspond and establish supportive relationships with caseworkers, parent/guardians, staff and students.
- Complies with all confidentiality regulations as required.
- Ability to work within an interdisciplinary team as a cooperative and supportive team member.
- Ability to effectively communicate, verbally and in writing, in a manner that demonstrates and fosters cooperation, respect, concern and openness to change.
- Ability to take or think about the perspective of others and demonstrate self-awareness of one’s own culture, beliefs, and values.
- Organization skills with the ability to manage time and multiple priorities.
- Ability to collaboratively problem-solve.
- Maintain boundaries and performs all duties in an ethical and professional manner.