School Director – Early Learning Center (Birth to Pre-K)
As one of the nation’s most effective early childhood schools, we make sure financially disadvantaged young children have the best possible chance for success in life. Our approach extends beyond the classroom to help children, families and communities thrive.
Consider joining our Educare of Omaha team as School Director of our Kellom location, and start making a difference in the lives of young children today.
The School Director is responsible for the overall management of the center including the effective implementation of relationship-based family-centered services, providing leadership to center staff and complying with state regulator guidelines. This position ensures the implementation of comprehensive services including early childhood education and care for children ages birth to five, family support, health, nutrition, mental health, and social services.
- Master’s degree in education required (early childhood preferred)
- A minimum of three years’ experience in a supervisory role in an early learning center environment
- Program development, management, and evaluation experience
- Ability to pass an extensive background check
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of principles and practices of early childhood education and family involvement.
- Ability to lead an interdisciplinary team of professionals.
- Familiarity with community culture and knowledge of community resources and services.
- Ability to communicate in a manner that demonstrates and fosters cooperation, respect, concern and openness to change.
- Knowledge of basic principles and practices of program management and staff supervision.
- Ability to utilize and provide reflective supervision.
COMPETITIVE PAY and EXCELLENT BENEFITS
- Starting Salary of $73k+, depending on experience
- Vacation (12 days during 1st year)
- Sick Pay (12 days during 1st year)
- Paid Holidays (15 for 2020-21 school year)
- Paid Winter Break
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, Life and Accidental Death Dismemberment Insurance
- 403b Retirement Plan with 3% employer match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Continuing Education and Professional Development
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Educare of Omaha, Inc. is a collaborative partnership between the Early Head Start/Head Start, Omaha Public Schools and the Buffett Early Childhood Fund. Comprised of the two Educare Omaha Schools (Kellom and Indian Hill) and the three Omaha Early Learning Centers (Skinner, Gateway and Kennedy), the mission of Educare of Omaha, Inc. is to promote school readiness by enhancing the social and cognitive development of children ages 0 to 5 through the provision of evidence-based education, health, nutritional, social, family engagement and other services to enrolled children and their families.
Educare Omaha, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer.
Educare of Omaha