Family Engagement Manager
Educare of Omaha Omaha, NE
Consider joining our Educare of Omaha team in the position of Family Engagement Manager and start making a difference in the lives of young children today.
The Family Engagement Manager leads a team of four Family Engagement Specialists at the Kellom site, supporting families in the Head Start (preschool) and Early Head Start (Birth to three) programs in the engagement and involvement of families in Educare through activities, practices and services that support parents as the primary nurturers, experts and teachers of their child in order to promote and sustain their child’s learning, development and academic and life success. The primary focus for the work of the Family Engagement Staff is the parent/child relationship, engaging around that relationship at every opportunity with parents, and with other members of the Educare interdisciplinary team.
The Family Engagement Staff has specific and intentional responsibility in the following three areas of work with families:
- Activities/strategies that promote and enhance the parent-child relationship
- Activities/strategies that engage parents in discussions about their child’s emotional and cognitive growth and development
- Activities/strategies that encourage parents’ involvement in the education of their child and in their child’s school both at Educare and in the K-12 system.
The Family Engagement Manager facilitates full and effective implementation of Educare’s Core Features and evidence-based practices by providing Family Engagement Staff with supervision that includes the design, delivery and coordination of intensive professional development; facilitation of interdisciplinary collaboration; and administrative support. Outcomes of the Family Engagement Manager’s work include exemplary engagement with families and retention of staff.
Educare Omaha offers COMPETITIVE PAY and a GREAT BENEFITS package that includes:
- Vacation (12 days during 1st year)
- Sick Pay (12 days)
- 10 Paid Holidays + day after Thanksgiving
- Paid time off for Winter break (Christmas - New Years)
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, Life and Accidental Death Dismemberment Insurance
- 403b Retirement Plan with 3% employer match beginning on your first day
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Continuing Education and Professional Development
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Family Studies, Human Development or a related field.
- At least five years of experience working with families.
- At least three years of experience in an Early Childhood setting.
- One to two years of supervisory/management experience preferred.
- State licensure as a social worker (LCSW) or equivalent preferred.
ADDITIONAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Clearance of background checks as required by local, state and federal regulations.
- Physical examination and diagnostic tests as required by local, state and federal regulations.
- Knowledge of and ability to implement parent education strategies and activities
- Ability to remain abreast of developments in the fields of family studies and child development
- Demonstrated leadership abilities and ability to utilize reflective supervision.
- Knowledge of and ability to assess, analyze, and interpret Head Start Standards, state and local licensing requirements and the organization’s philosophy.
- Ability to work as a cooperative and supportive member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Ability to communicate and cooperate with diverse families, various professionals and community groups.
- Ability and willingness to work in a program located in a high-risk, low-income community.
- Ability to exercise discretion in handling confidential information and materials.
- Intermediate knowledge of computer applications and the ability to learn and master computer technology/software programs as needed.
- Ability to communicate and respond in a manner that consistently demonstrates respect and concern.
APPLY for this great opportunity TODAY!
Educare is an innovative partnership between the public and private sectors to create a more efficient and effective early learning program. A research-based program that prepares young children for school and a specially designed place that nurtures early learning and sends a bold message about the value of investing in the first five years. Educare Indian Hill is on the campus of Indian Hill Elementary School in South Omaha.
Educare Omaha is part of the Nebraska Early Childhood Collaborative family that also includes; Educare Kellom on the campus of Kellom Elementary, Early Childhood Services, Educare Lincoln and Omaha Early Learning Centers at Gateway, Skinner and Kennedy.
| Date Posted
July 19, 2019
| Date Closes
August 18, 2019
2123 Paul St
| Located In
| Work At
Educare Omaha Kellom
| Job Type
| Experience Level
Intermediate (3-7 yrs. experience)
40+ hours per week
| SOC Category
11-9151.00 Social and Community Service Managers
This job offers the following benefits
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Maternity / Paternity / Family Leave
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Professional Liability
- Short-Term Disability
- Supplemental Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Bereavement Pay
- Casual Dress
- Continuing Education Program
- Discounts on Employer Merchandise & Services
- Emergency Travel Assistance
- Financial Planning
- Free Parking
- On-the-Job Training
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacations
- Sick Leave
- Travel Stipends
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Unpaid Leaves of Absence
- Wellness Program
This job requires the following skills
- Children-at-Risk Specialist
- Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports Specialist
- School - Social Worker
- Skills for Life Specialist
- Accepts and Learns From Criticism
- Excellent Communications
- Excellent Team Member
- Positive Attitude
- Public Speaking
- Strong Work Ethic
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Basic Life Support Instructor
- Public Administration - Program Coordination
- Social Worker
- Sales - Support
This job is related other jobs in these career categories