As a family-owned business that spans five decades and three generations since 1964, we value relationships, supporting each other’s unique differences. We understand the importance of personal belonging which is why you’ll hear our employees talk about being part of the SNB family. Now, more than ever, as we’ve expanded our roots into new markets, it’s the prime time to join our growing team. As a community bank, we offer comprehensive financial solutions for personal, business, and private banking, treasury management, wealth management and mortgage needs in Nebraska, Iowa, and Texas. We have 10 convenient full-service branch locations in the Omaha and Council Bluffs as well as full-service branches in the Jordan Creek area of West Des Moines and in uptown Dallas. Learn more about our story at www.SNBconnect.com/About-Us or visit us on LinkedIn and Facebook.
This position is responsible for AML and fraud monitoring and investigation as well as, assisting the Director of Financial Crimes/BSA Officer with maintaining and developing the Bank's BSA/AML, Fraud and OFAC programs.
Transaction Monitoring (50%)
- Reviews and analyzes fraud alerts and account activity for unusual or suspected fraudulent or money laundering activity that derive from the Bank’s alert detection systems and processes.
- Reviews early loan payoffs, as notified.
- Writes and files Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) and apply appropriate risk mitigation measures, while ensuring appropriate documentation of all research and analysis is conducted in accordance with applicable recordkeeping guidelines.
- Applies critical thinking to evaluate the circumstances and recommend appropriate risk-based actions for any cases of potential fraud and money laundering typologies.
- Collaborates with personnel from other departments when conducting investigations, as appropriate.
- Interviews potential fraud victims with the assistance of branch personnel, as appropriate.
BSA and Fraud Program Management (30%)
- Assists with Enhanced Due Diligence on higher risk customers
- Assists in transaction alert model tuning through data analysis, as necessary.
- Reviews business line training, procedures, and processes for alignment to the Bank’s BSA/AML Policy and standard operating procedures.
- Completes quality assurance of business line BSA and OFAC processes.
- Maintains knowledge of Security National Bank’s products, services, customers and locations, and the potential fraud and BSA/AML risks associated with those activities.
Other BSA Compliance Duties (15%)
- Assists BSA Officer with overall management of the BSA/AML OFAC Program
- Provides the BSA Officer with support during Audit and Exams
- Serves as a BSA/AML/OFAC compliance resource for other departments.
- Manages incoming and outgoing 314b requests.
- Conducts New Hire Training, as needed.
- Occasionally complete peer reviews of SAR Narratives and EDD Reviews.
- Reviews Watch List alerts generated within FCRM for OFAC screening
- Assists in clearing business line OFAC matches as needed.
Performs other duties as required and assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of personal computers and software for word processing and spreadsheets is required.
- Ability to meet established deadlines
- Ability to stay current on fraud and money laundering trends and red flags.
- Ability to collaborate with other Bank employees when completing investigations, as necessary.
- Ability to use critical analysis in forming risk-based decisions.
- Able to demonstrate strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Able to work under high pressure situations.
- Ability to prioritize work items by level of importance and be flexible as priorities change.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality as required by the BSA.
- Able to demonstrate PC experience including Excel and Word.
- Skills in using a PC including experience with Excel and Word.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Skills in analyzing and interpreting regulations.
- Skills in attention to detail and ability to accept constructive criticism to effect positive improvement
- Ability to maintain predictable and reliable attendance.
- Ability to complete required training by assigned due date.
- Ability to work extended hours occasionally
- Ability to travel (5%) to various bank locations and training activities as needed
- Minimum of a High School degree required, a Bachelor’s degree in applicable field preferred
- CAMS, CAFP or CFE certification preferred
- Minimum of three years of experience working in fraud or BSA function.
- Minimum of two years of experience working in a financial institution.
- Experience in alert disposition and program management preferred.
*Equivalent education and experience will be considered
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to stoop or kneel. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Security National Bank provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.