As a family-owned business that spans five decades and three generations since 1964, we value relationships, supporting each other’s unique differences. We understand the importance of personal belonging which is why you’ll hear our employees talk about being part of the SNB family. Now, more than ever, as we’ve expanded our roots into new markets, it’s the prime time to join our growing team. As a community bank, we offer comprehensive financial solutions for personal, business, and private banking, treasury management, wealth management and mortgage needs in Nebraska, Iowa, and Texas. We have 10 convenient full-service branch locations in the Omaha and Council Bluffs as well as full-service branches in the Jordan Creek area of West Des Moines and in uptown Dallas. Learn more about our story at www.SNBconnect.com/About-Us or visit us on LinkedIn and Facebook.
This position is responsible for performing operational duties to contribute to the accurate and timely delivery of trust services, reports and client satisfaction.
Reconcile Deposits, Withdrawals & Security Trades (40%)
- Gathers daily entries and ensures that cash/DDA accounts are in balance with the trust accounting system. Researches and resolves any out of balance issues.
- Maintains and reconciles the suspense account and escheatment of cash distribution to the State of Nebraska on an annual basis.
- Oversees the settlement of clients’ security trades including equity, fixed income, and mutual funds to ensure the accurate and timely settlement of securities transactions; trades may be initiated internally or externally.
Process Client Accounts (15%)
- Receives, verifies, and posts the receipt and disbursement of money and securities transactions to client accounts to ensure the accurate and timely recording of customer activity.
- Maintains dual control capability, to include incoming checks, wires, and ACH’s.
- Processes bill paying functions for clients as well as instruction from administrators for additional distributions and account maintenance requests
Gather and Process Pricing Data, Including Statements (10%)
- Gathers manual pricing data for month end processing and makes necessary adjustments to trust accounting system.
- Runs monthly statement process.
Update Cost Basis & Date of Death Values as Necessary (10%)
- Requests date of death values from Estate Valuation on assets held at time of death. Update values in trust accounting system.
- Updates unique assets cost basis and market values in trust accounting system.
Asset Maintenance (10%)
- Deposits and withdraws assets from the vault using dual control system; conducts semi-annual vault count under dual control process.
Client Retention (10%)
- Responds to client requests, to include answering questions, conducting any necessary research & responding to clients/vendors in a timely manner.
- Assists employee benefit participants with requests for loan and separation from service forms and process.
- Coordinates with employer and employee benefit service provider to make sure all transactions are completed.
- Assists clients with log in issues, system functions and set up for new users with Accunet online access.
OFAC and FINCEN Verification (5%)
- Compares FINCEN and OFAC list against trust accounting system for any potential matches.
Performs other duties as required and assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to gain and maintain a working knowledge of trust accounting operations, policies and procedures including dual control safeguards
- Ability to gain and maintain a working knowledge of various types of trusts including personal trusts, retirement plans and charitable foundations
- Ability to gain and maintain knowledge of various types of securities, registration classes, and of fiduciary income tax necessary
- Strong written and verbal communication and customer service skills
- Analytical and problem solving abilities
- Ability to prioritize work to meet daily workloads and deadlines
- Possess strong customer relation skills, teamwork, self-motivation, strong attention to detail, and ability to work independently
- Proficient skills with operating a PC, word processing and spreadsheet applications (MS Office)
- Ability to maintain predictable and reliable attendance
- Minimum of High School diploma or GED required
- Associate’s degree in accounting and/or equivalent experience in finance and trust operations preferred
- Minimum of 1-2 years of related administrative or operations experience within the banking or financial services industry required; prior work experience with trust accounts preferred.
*Equivalent education and experience will be considered
Security National Bank provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.