As a family-owned business that spans five decades and three generations since 1964, we value relationships, supporting each other’s unique differences. We understand the importance of personal belonging which is why you’ll hear our employees talk about being part of the SNB family. Now, more than ever, as we expand our roots into new markets, it’s the prime time to join our growing team. As a community bank, we offer comprehensive financial solutions for personal, business and private banking, cash management, wealth management and mortgage needs in Nebraska, Iowa and Texas. We have 12 convenient full-service branch locations in the Omaha and Council Bluffs as well as new full-service branches in the Jordan Creek area of West Des Moines and in uptown Dallas. Learn more about our story at www.SNBconnect.com/About-Us or visit us on LinkedIn and Facebook
This position is responsible for closing mortgage loans and distributing mortgage loan proceeds. Verifies the accuracy and completion of all closing documents and assembles them for transmittal and servicing.
Prepare Documents for Closing (50%)
- Prepares compliant closing document packages for conventional, VA, FHA, NIFA loans, and loans for properties in other states.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, regulatory, investor, and internal policies in regard to the mortgage loan closing process.
- Ensures loan closing by interest rate lock and/or contract date.
- Ensures all file requirements are met.
- Performs quality control on file to ensure accuracy.
- Assists post-closing with relevant follow-up and document correction aft the file is closed.
Prepare TRID-Compliant Closing Disclosures (25%)
- Sends initial Closing Disclosures to the borrowers for signature within the TRID-compliant timeframe prior to close.
- Balances and prepares final Closing Disclosures accurately and in accordance with TRID requirements for all purchase and refinance closings.
- Stays up-to-date on TRID regulations as it relates to the closing disclosures.
Coordinate All Additional Closing Process Paperwork & Activities (15%)
- Works closely with the Title Companies to ensure on-time, smooth closings. Obtain verbal verifications of employment, updated home owners insurance information, and loan payoffs prior to close, working with these companies in a professional and courteous.
- Responds to questions and resolve any problems.
- Coordinates 2nd mortgages with SNB or other banks to ensure compliance with fees, dates, closing information and other issues.
- Mails and tracks closing packets to out of state customers or closings.
Disburse Funds (10%)
- Prepares the Loan Disbursement sheet accurately.
- Books loans with Loan Services prior to funding.
- Sends wires to disburse funds, specifically to title companies for purchase transactions, and ensure the wire amount is balanced with title prior to sending funds.
- Works with post-closing to ensure accurate disbursement of refinance funds
Performs other duties as required and assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Working knowledge and understanding of general mortgage terms, guidelines and regulations, specifically TRID regulations related to closing, as well as documents required in the processing and closing of mortgage loans
- Proficient skills in applying general accounting principles to the mortgage process
- Ability to deliver the highest level of service at all times to both internal and external customers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and be able to develop relationships with co-workers, attorneys and title companies
- Be able to demonstrate an ability to deal with many different people simultaneously
- Strong attention to detail with effective time management/organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines and handle multiple tasks under tight time constraints with high volume with little to no loss in accuracy of work
- Ability to handle confidential material in a professional, highly ethical manner.
- Good/average skills using PC and spreadsheet software in a Windows environment
- Ability to maintain predictable and reliable attendance
- Minimum of a High School degree or equivalent required; Associates degree preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of mortgage lending, loan processing/closing experience related experience in a mortgage lending institution, bank or a real estate or title agency required
*Equivalent education and experience will be considered
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to stoop or kneel. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Security National Bank provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.