Established in 1964, Security National Bank offers comprehensive financial solutions for business and private banking, cash management, wealth management, consumer and mortgage needs. We have 12 convenient branch locations in the Greater Omaha and Council Bluffs area as well as a loan production and trust services office in Des Moines, providing employees with great opportunities for career growth.
**REQUIRED WORK SCHEDULE: M-F 8:45am - 5:45pm, rotating Saturdays**
This position is the customer ambassador for the bank with the overall purpose of providing quality and efficiency to customers. This position will have a thorough understanding of the customer’s transaction requirements and be able to effectively communicate all available options to them. They will educate customers about SNB’s sales and service delivery options and refer the appropriate products and services matching the customer needs.
Consultative Sales (30%)
- With a good understanding of the bank products/services, offers bank products and services that can benefit both existing and new customers to enhance their banking relationship utilizing the 7-step sales process and Top 100 program.
- Creates a positive onboarding experience by utilizing the 2/2/2 program, following all account openings.
- Generates new deposits and loans to assist in meeting budgeted goals.
Extraordinary Service (50%)
- Prepares and compiles new customer information to open new accounts and loans, ensuring collection of all necessary documentation.
- Provides ongoing relationship servicing with current customers by utilizing ticklers and the Top 100 program to maintain goodwill and gain additional business.
- Responds to customer inquiries and any requests regarding accounts with a sense of urgency.
- Accurately and efficiently runs branch capture; provides oversight to branch capture process.
- Balances and manages cash drawer daily with minimal errors, provide balancing assistance to the team and reports all offages to Branch Manager and/or Assistant Branch Manager.
- Cashes checks and pays money upon verification of signatures and customer account balances. Inspects all checks, bonds, savings withdrawals to determine their negotiability.
- Receives checks and cash for deposit into accounts. Verifies deposit amount, examines checks for endorsement and negotiability.
- Logs into Jabber daily with an updated status to ensure readiness for ACD calls.
- Refers client opportunities to business partners to meet client financial needs.
- Pursues new business opportunities through actively involving commercial lending, private banking, mortgage and retail as in integrated team. This includes establishing periodic meetings, determining strategy, executing that strategy and documenting results.
Collection Activity (10%)
- Manages NSF and delinquent credits.
- Partners with Consumer Credit Officer regarding collection activities
- Updates weekly past due reports timely
Performs other duties as required and assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Solid understanding of the bank’s products and services, as well as strong proficiency with banking systems - paying and receiving/new accounts/loans and related programs
- Ability to effectively matches customer’s need by referring and/or selling products and services to enhance the customers’ relationship
- Ability to define and offer solutions to resolve problems using knowledge of the organization to identify helpful resources
- Ability to apply knowledge to assignments and maintains expertise by keeping current with new developments and procedures
- Ability to demonstrate a positive and helpful attitude toward customers (internal and external)
- Advanced skills with attention to detail and follow-through
- Ability to interpret basic financial information.
- Strong customer service and relationship building skills
- Highly ethical skill level of trustworthiness, character, professionalism, confidentiality and honesty in dealing with internal or external customers
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Word and Excel) and advanced keyboarding and ten-key skills
- Advanced professional-level written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to maintain predictable and reliable attendance
- Minimum of a High School or equivalent degree required
- Minimum of 2 years of prior customer service experience in a related role within the banking industry, including new accounts and teller/cash handling, required
- Current Notary Public in State of Nebraska preferred
- Experience with successful referrals preferred
*Equivalent education and experience will be considered
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee may be required to periodically lift 25-55 pounds. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to stoop or kneel. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
Security National Bank provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.