Established in 1964, Security National Bank offers comprehensive financial solutions for business and private banking, cash management, wealth management, consumer and mortgage needs. We have 12 convenient branch locations in the Greater Omaha and Council Bluffs area as well as a loan production and trust services office in Des Moines, providing employees with great opportunities for career growth.
This position is responsible for developing and administering the business unit’s various reporting requirements and systems in an accurate and timely manner, as well as serving as the system administrator for credit and lending’s applications.
• Fulfills the business unit’s various internal and external reporting requirements in an accurate and timely manner including but not limited to
o tracking/reporting on status of Annual Reviews for loans,
o financial reporting items,
o completing various Board Reports assigned to the business unit,
o assisting with the completion of the ALLL worksheet,
o completing the Call Report lending worksheets assigned to the business unit,
o preparing ad hoc loan reports as needed by Management, Audit, Compliance and the OCC,
o FHLB and FRB collateral tracking and reporting,
o preparing specific financial statement footnotes for the Bank’s CPA’s, and
o assisting with stress testing reports.
System Administration (40%)
Serves as the administrator and subject matter expert for the Baker Hill loan system
• Builds and maintains queries, reports and forms. Utilizes filters, writes reports, creates forms and resolves upload errors to extract records with selected data points to generate interactive lists of Clients, Opportunities, Products, Tracking Items, etc. that are used for the sales process, pipelines, concentrations, portfolio management, etc.
Collateral Monitoring (10%)
Tracks compliance with the portfolio management programs including tracking items, borrowing bases, stock certificates, and floorplans.
• Updates, monitors, and reports on the compliance with Borrowing Base & Stock Security requirements for individual loans as required by the loan documents. Ensures completeness of the Borrowing Base and Loans Secured by Stock reports by reconciling to the loan system’s Tracking Items. Verifies the Tracking Item system is accurate and provides Relationship Coordinators updates if not.
• Schedules, conducts and reports on the audits of floor plan vehicles, inventory, accounts receivables, or commercial equipment leases.
• Completes construction draw inspections to confirm work is completed as represented and that the loan is in balance with the approved construction budget and sources & uses to enable completion as underwritten.
• Provide recommendations and implement solutions for continuous improvement of the loan system and reporting process to improve efficiency, productivity and capabilities.
• Ensures a high level of data integrity by regularly testing the accuracy of information and loan coding in the bank’s various applications.
• Acts as liaison and system administrator for the Bank’s pricing model program.
• Coordinates the annual vendor analysis for the vendor management program and environmental due diligence (bidding, engagement, order tracking and review).
• Maintains business unit’s online forms.
Performs other duties as required and assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge and understanding of standard banking concepts, terminology, procedures, and regulations
• Ability to act independently relying on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
• Ability to maintain regular and reliable attendance
• Ability to demonstrate strong conceptual and analytical skills in problem solving solutions to requests for information
• Ability to ensure a high level of data integrity by regularly testing the accuracy of information and loan codes in the bank’s various applications
• Ability to continually improve the various report formats, processes, and procedures to achieve greater accuracy, efficiency, and capacity
• Ability to demonstrate effective communication skills both verbally and in writing
• Expert skills using Web Intelligence for web-based query-and–analysis
• Expert skills with Word files using Windward Studios Auto-Tag programming to generate various documents such as the Credit Memo, Commitment Letters, Customer Correspondence, etc.
• Time management skills and an ability to prioritize multiple tasks to meet deadlines
• Strong skills and working knowledge with Microsoft Excel, Pivot Tables, Access, and Word
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, information systems or related field required
• Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in credit analysis for a commercial bank required
• Minimum of 3 years of experience creating reports using Excel and Pivot Tables required
• Experience with Fiserv Navigator, Viewpoint / Business Objects, and Access preferred
*Equivalent education and experience will be considered
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to stoop or kneel. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Security National Bank provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.