Security National Bank is looking for a motivated, results-driven individual with previous Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-Money Laundering experience. If this sounds like you and you want to work for a company that is committed to your personal and professional growth and development, we need to talk to you!
We are currently seeking applicants for our BSA/AML Compliance Officer position.
- Fosters an open and participative team atmosphere.
- Provide guidance on BSA accountabilities to other business units.
Oversight of Policies, Procedures and Risk Assessments (20%).
- Develop, monitor and update policies and procedures relating to BSA, AML, USA Patriot Act, OFAC and CIP.
- Incorporate regulatory guidance and interpretations.
- Incorporate industry best practices.
- Keep the compliance officer, management and the board informed on emerging issues.
- Prepare annual BSA risk assessment and the annual BSA summary report for the Board of Directors.
Maintain Systems to Track Activity and Meet Reporting Requirements (40%)
- Manage and maintain FCRM product.
- Monitor daily, monthly and quarterly activity with special focus on suspicious or fraudulent activity.
- Monitor and document activity on high risk accounts and perform Enhanced Due Diligence.
- Oversee preparation of the OCC’s annual MLR (Money Laundering Report).
- Document all BSA activities.
Oversee SAR Committee (10%)
- Monitor for suspicious activity.
- Investigate suspicious, inappropriate and/or fraudulent activity.
- Lead SAR committee meetings.
- Prepare and submit SARs within regulatory timeframes.
Oversee BSA Administrators (10%)
- Coordinate periodic meetings with BSA administrators.
- Send out relevant information to BSA administrators periodically.
- Provide training for BSA administrators, as needed.
- Follow up at least quarterly on information submitted by the BSA Administrators to be used for preparation of the MLR and internal risk assessment.
- Monitor currency transaction activity and verify CTRs are filed accurately and timely.
- Perform quality control on CIP and CDD programs.
- Ensure that BSA training is provided at least annually. Provide additional training/consultation as needed to ensure BSA program goals are met.
- Present annual training to the Board of Directors.
- Interact regularly with Fraud Manager, Information Security Officer, Security Officer and Compliance Officer.
- Participate in SOS (teller), Branch Manager, and other meetings as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 3 years banking experience
- Minimum of 2 years BSA experience
- Broad knowledge of bank operations.
- Familiarity with automated monitoring systems a plus
- Proficient with Excel and Word
- CAMS certification a plus
- Ability to work with confidential information and maintain the highest level of integrity and confidentiality
Consistent adherence and commitment to our Security National Bank Core Values:
- Inspire and achieve excellence; be emotionally invested, stay actively engaged, look for opportunity, take initiative and ownership
- Do the right thing; act with integrity, be honest and authentic and set an example in your words and actions toward customers and team members
- Earn client trust every day; be fully engaged and committed to our clients, always perform at your best, earn their loyalty and trust through every interaction
- Celebrate success; acknowledge, recognize and celebrate the hard work and accomplishments of team members.
Ability to safely and successfully perform essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA, and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
Ability to maintain reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent within the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
Compliance with all personnel policies.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to stoop or kneel. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Security National Bank provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.