A Great Opportunity for Growth within a Successful Company!
Join one of the United States' most progressive and innovative construction, automation and engineering firms. EAD supports clients' projects on hundreds of systems in industrial manufacturing facilities specializing in food, pharmaceutical and parcel. This opportunity will enable you to enjoy a fast-paced environment working on projects of all sizes and complexities!
Always on the lookout for outstanding talent as we continue to grow in the Memphis community and on a national level. We are currently accepting applications for Staff Controls Engineers to play a role in the scope, definition, and design of control systems and instrument design for projects in industrial and processing facilities.
- Play a role in scope definition and design with primary responsibilities of PLC/DCS based control system and instrument design per client requirements
- Perform all programming of the control system as required
- Work in close cooperation with other team/project leaders to develop cost, schedule and performance requirements for projects
- Interface with clients, vendors, construction administrators and project team
- Perform and document technical design reviews with other disciplines on the project team to produce the highest level of quality
- Prioritize tasks to achieve results within cost and schedule constraints
- Adhere to all EADs safety standards and practices
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Four years of service with the military, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Six years of experience working in controls automation, including design, maintenance and troubleshooting of PLC/DCS based control systems
- CAP or CCST certification or commitment to achieving certification within one year
- Proven experience in PLC logic and programming with Allen Bradley/Siemens/Schneider
- Proven experience in HMI or SCADA programming and configuration of various software packages (Wonderware, Rockwell, Siemens etc.)
- Knowledge of applicable codes and standards (NEC, ISA, UL, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to independently set priorities and organize work to meet project deadlines with minimal direction
- Capable and experienced in managing and performing technical projects in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrated strong analytical and organizational abilities in order to make effective decisions in an expedient manner while maintaining high quality of standards
- Ability to prioritize resources and establish protocols based upon needs
- Experience with MS Windows based operating systems and applications
- Possess and able to maintain a valid driver's license
Preferred Certifications and skills:
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field
- Office, plant, or client site environment*
- Ability to sit and work at computer for extended periods of time
- Ability to walk up numerous flights of stairs/ladders multiple times a day and/or work in tight spaces in extreme conditions
- May work near moving mechanical parts and equipment*
- Office, Commercial and/or Industrial setting with the potential of exposure to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals*
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.*
- Periodic weekend, holiday or evening work, as needed
- Travel required
*EAD will provide training, administrative/engineering controls, and personal protective equipment as necessary.
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our customers.
EAD is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans