A Great Opportunity for Growth within a Successful Company!
Join one of the United States' most progressive and innovative construction, automation and engineering firms. EAD supports clients' projects on hundreds of systems in industrial manufacturing facilities specializing in food, pharmaceutical and parcel. This opportunity will enable you to enjoy a fast-paced environment working on projects of all sizes and complexities!
EAD Controls is looking for an experienced Associate Controls Engineer for projects in industrial and processing facilities.
- Play a role in scope definition and design with primary responsibilities of PLC/DCS based control system and instrument design per client requirements
- Perform all programming of the control system, as required
- Interface with clients, vendors, construction administrators, and project team
- Perform and document technical design reviews with other disciplines on the project team to produce the highest level of quality
- Capable and experienced in managing and performing projects in a fast-paced environment
- Time manage and prioritize tasks to achieve results within cost and schedule constraints
- Responsible for adhering to all EADs safety standards and practices
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Three years of experience working in Controls Field designing, maintaining and troubleshooting PLC/DCS based control systems
- Demonstrate a high degree of self-motivation and performs in a highly independent manner, with minimal supervision
- Skilled at managing technical projects
- Demonstrate strong analytical and organizational abilities in order to make effective decisions in an expedient manner while maintaining high quality of standards
- Knowledge in PLC logic and programming with Allen Bradley/Siemens
- Knowledge in HMI or SCADA programming and configuration of any of the following software packages: Wonderware, Rockwell, Siemens etc.
- Experience with MS Windows based operating systems and applications
- Strong attention to detail
- Possess and able to maintain a valid driver's license
- Ability to multi-task while working on numerous projects simultaneously
Preferred Certifications and skills:
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field preferred; and/or four years of service with the military, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Knowledge of NEC, NFPA, ISA, and U.L. codes preferred
- Office, plant, or client site environment*
- Ability to sit and work at computer for extended periods of time
- Ability to walk up numerous flights of stairs/ladders multiple times a day and/or work in tight spaces in extreme conditions
- May work near moving mechanical parts and equipment*
- Office, Commercial and/or Industrial setting with the potential of exposure to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals*
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.*
- Periodic weekend, holiday or evening work, as needed
- Travel required
*EAD will provide training, administrative/engineering controls, and personal protective equipment, as necessary.
EAD is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans