A Great Opportunity for Growth within a Successful Company!
EAD one of the Midwest's most progressive and innovative construction, controls and engineering firms has several openings for Assistant Controls Engineers in the Dallas/Fort Worth region. EAD is supporting internationally known clients' in Dallas with engineering, construction and controls automation projects. We specialize in the food, pharmaceutical, and parcel industries and¦we make cool stuff!
Our firm has been amazing clients and employees since 2001 and has an outstanding culture filled with comradery, teamwork and fun. We believe in supporting each other in the office and in the field. When a customer, co-worker or the company needs assistance we are a TEAM.
- Play a role in scope definition and design with primary responsibilities of PLC/DCS based control system and instrument design per client requirements
- Perform all programming of the control system as required
- Interface with clients, vendors, construction administrators, and project team
- Perform and document technical design reviews with other disciplines on the project team to produce the highest level of quality
- Capable and experienced in managing and performing projects in a fast paced environment
- Time manage and prioritize tasks to achieve results within cost and schedule constraints
- Responsible for adhering to all EADs safety standards and practices
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field preferred; and/or four years of service with the military, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Prior electrical engineering experience from a Co-op or internship preferred
- Demonstrates strong analytical and organizational abilities in order to make effective decisions in an expedient manner while maintaining high quality of standards
- Knowledge in PLC logic and programming with Allen Bradley
- Knowledge in HMI or SCADA programming and configuration of any of the following software packages: Wonderware, Rockwell, Siemens etc.
- Experience with MS Windows based operating systems and applications
- Strong attention to detail
- Possess and able to maintain a valid driver's license
- Ability to multi-task while working on numerous projects simultaneously
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Office, plant, or client site environment*
- Ability to sit and work at computer for an extended period of time
- Ability to walk up numerous flights of stairs/ladders multiple times a day and/or work in tight spaces in extreme conditions
- May work near moving mechanical parts and equipment*
- Office, Commercial and/or Industrial setting with the potential of exposure to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals*
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.*
- Periodic weekend, holiday or evening work as needed
- Travel required
*EAD will provide training, administrative/engineering controls, and personal protective equipment as necessary.
EAD is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans