A Great Opportunity for Growth within a Successful Company!
Join one of the United States' most progressive and innovative construction, automation and engineering firms. EAD supports clients' projects on hundreds of systems in industrial manufacturing facilities specializing in food, pharmaceutical and parcel. This opportunity will enable you to enjoy a fast-paced environment working on projects of all sizes and complexities. We are currently accepting applications for Mechanical Engineering Interns.
- Assist with mechanical design of equipment layouts, HVAC, plumbing, and piping, per Client requirements
- Work with engineers, designers and drafters to produce detailed designs
- Work alongside full-time employees on various projects to deliver quality construction documentation equipment and piping layouts, specifications, isometrics, etc.
- Obtain experience working on designs for industrial and commercial projects
- Responsible for adhering to all EADs safety standards and practices
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- No experience required
- Ability to work 35-40 hours per week at the facility located in Omaha, NE
- Knowledge of mechanical engineering fundamentals
- Possess organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Excel including macros
- Strong attention to detail
- Possess and able to maintain a valid drivers license
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
Preferred Certifications and skills:
- Completion of 2-3 years of Mechanical Engineering coursework preferable with an emphasis in Mechanical Engineering
- Knowledge of AutoCAD a plus
- Office, plant, or client site environment*
- Ability to sit and work at computer for extended periods of time
- Ability to walk up numerous flights of stairs/ladders multiple times a day and/or work in tight spaces in extreme conditions
- May work near moving mechanical parts and equipment*
- Office, Commercial and/or Industrial setting with the potential of exposure to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals*
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.*
- Periodic weekend, holiday or evening work as needed
- Travel required
*EAD will provide training, administrative/engineering controls, and personal protective equipment as necessary.
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our customers.
EAD is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans