A Great Opportunity for Growth within a Successful Company!
Join one of the United States' most progressive and innovative construction, automation and engineering firms. EAD supports clients' projects on hundreds of systems in industrial manufacturing facilities specializing in food, pharmaceutical and parcel. This opportunity will enable you to enjoy a fast-paced environment working on projects of all sizes and complexities.
EAD is looking for an experienced Business Manager to represent the company in pursuing sales leads and prospective clients, building client relationships, delivering presentations and proposals, maintaining extensive knowledge of current market conditions, and negotiating and closing business deals. This candidate must be a self-starter, have an outgoing personality, and be capable in presenting himself or herself in a professional manner.
- Responsible for the offering of EAD services to customers/clients nationwide in the Food, Pharma and/or Parcel industries.
- Aggressively pursue profitable business
- Establish, maintain, and continually build a profitable client base across various vertical markets
- Rigorously follow the business development strategy/plan focused on current target market sectors and within the EAD Sandbox for potential new clients
- Identify decision makers within prospective client organizations and establish meaningful contact through cold calling, emails, social networking, and meetings
- Build a rapport with each client and be at the forefront of client servicing and support initiatives
- Qualify and pursue new business based on potential revenue, profit and timely close
- Work with marketing staff to ensure that prerequisites (like prequalification or getting on a vendor list) are fulfilled within a timely manner
- Set up meetings between client decision makers and EAD's Leaders/Principals
- Participate in pricing the solution/service
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion, using a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately
- Develop and drive individual business unit goals and standards to assure corporate initiative fulfillment
- Participate in business/social/professional organizations, conferences and events, including tradeshows, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends that promote or generate business relationships
- Sell the companys "total value" in terms of quality, price, delivery and service
- Interface with clients, vendors, construction administrators and project team
- Responsible for maintaining ownership of customer relationship
- Perform account management activities to build and maintain relationships with customers and act as a resource and facilitator to resolve customer service issues as they arise
- Works with appropriate team members to develop and prepare proposals and specifications
- Time manage and prioritize tasks to achieve results within cost and schedule constraints
- Spearhead business unit level compliance, quality and improvement programs
- Document/quantify results of business development activities:
- Effectively organize and track leads
- Participate in regular business development meetings and coordinate activity with business development and marketing professionals
- Submit activity (sales/revenue and projection) reports as required by Chief Business Officer
- Track and promptly enter time and expenses
- Responsible for adhering to all EADs safety standards and practices
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree in Business, Electrical, Computer, or other Engineering/Technical field preferred; or four years of service with the military with relevant working experience; and/or a minimum of 7 years of experience in the Pharmaceutical, Food and/or Parcel industries.
- Accountability responsibilities in business development at an organization that delivers project and/or services to external clients
- Knowledge of computers and relevant software applications, including Microsoft Office Suite, word processing, spreadsheets, presentations and other software applications
- 3 years CRM experience required
- Ability to intelligently communicate about multiple automation solutions
- Ability to establish network of industry business contacts in various vertical markets
- History of successfully achieving, or exceeding, sales targets or quotas
- Strong Research, networking, persuasion, prospecting, and closing skills required
- Broad understanding of all components involved in automation from end device to control room to enterprise level
- Excellent written verbal communication skills with Clients and in-house support staff
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements
- Able to work efficiently and manage time effectively
- Demonstrated independent worker requiring minimal direction
- Knowledge of multiple industry standards (ISA, NFPA, NEC, UL508A)
- Possess and able to maintain a valid drivers license
- Office, plant, or client site environment*
- Ability to sit and work at computer for an extended period of time
- Ability to walk up numerous flights of stairs/ladders multiple times a day
- May work near moving mechanical parts and equipment*
- Office, Commercial and/or Industrial setting with the potential of exposure to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals*
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.*
- Periodic weekend, holiday or evening work as needed
- Travel required
*EAD will provide training, administrative/engineering controls, and personal protective equipment as necessary.
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives and background will lead to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our clients.
EAD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans