EAD is one of the Midwest's most progressive and innovative construction, controls and engineering firms. EAD supports our clients' engineering, construction and controls automation projects on hundreds of systems in industrial manufacturing facilities. We specialize in the food, pharmaceutical, and parcel industries and¦ we make cool stuff.
Our firm has been amazing clients and employees since 2001 and has an outstanding culture filled with comradery, teamwork and fun. We believe in supporting each other in the office and in the field. When a customer, co-worker or the company needs assistance we are TEAM.
EAD Management Services is looking for a Network Administrator to assist in setting up, configuring, and supporting internal and/or external networks, and assist with software implementations, while also providing support to end users on a variety of issues.
- Set up, configure, and support internal and/or external networks
- Develop and maintain all systems, applications, security, and network configurations
- Troubleshoot network performance issues
- Create and maintain the IT disaster recovery plan
- Recommends upgrades, patches, and new applications and equipment
- Provides technical support to end users on a variety of issues while identifying, researching, and resolving technical problems
- Responds to telephone calls, email and personnel requests for technical support while documenting, tracking, and monitoring the problem to ensure a timely resolution
- Act as the Application Administrator on software implementations including developing a thorough understanding of the application through the implementation process
- Create Ad Hoc reporting via SQL Reporting Tools
- Perform the ongoing day-to-day administration of the implemented software and lead the internal training effort
- Source and procure new computer, network, and related equipment
- Responsible for adhering to all EADs safety standards and practices
- Create and report Network Key Performance Indicators
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred, or combination of education and related experience required;
- 3 years experience with all aspects of Windows operating systems, VMware, Active Directory, and Exchange 2012, demonstrating increasing level of responsibilities
- 3 years experience configuring and troubleshooting router and switch implementations, firewalls, and other network devices
- Working technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols and standards including CISCO, HP, TCP/IP, FTP, SMTP, VPN, DNS, SAN, and SSL
- Experience with smart/mobile device configuration (laptops, tablets, smart phones)
- Experience with email datastore and mailbox archiving and restoration
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012 and SQL Reporting strongly preferred
- Ability to translate technical issues to customers
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills (oral and written) to effectively communicate in person, over the phone, thru e-mail or other written correspondence
- Ability to cope with sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality of all aspects of job responsibilities
- Exceptional problem solving, follow through and organizational skills
- Able to multi-task while maintaining careful attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively both individually and within a team environment
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency to meet deadlines and address competing priorities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Office environment
- Ability to sit and work at computer for an extended period of time
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Periodic weekend or evening work as needed
- Travel may be required
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our customers and members.
EAD is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans