Catholic Mutual Canada provides property and general liability claim adjustment, risk management/loss prevention services, and general services to the Roman Catholic Church in Ontario and British Columbia.
Essential Job Functions:
The ideal candidate will manage the overall operations of the Toronto, Ontario Service Office by directing and supervising the Service Office staff, maintaining good working relationships with members, and ensuring the prompt, efficient and satisfactory handling of claims, risk management and general service requirements for all Canadian members.
Skills and Competencies Required:
- Thorough understanding of property and casualty insurance, marketing/business development including client management and development, project management implementation, commercial rating/market intelligence and communications.
- Ability to supervise, train and direct professional and clerical staff
- Ability to develop, regulate and communicate standards and procedures
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to make independent sound judgements
- General understanding of accounting procedures
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record for travel
- Be willing to travel, work irregular hours and be on-call for emergencies
- Bilingual ability in French and English is a plus
Education and Experience:
- University degree or equivalent work experience
- Nine years property and casualty insurance experience, preferably with an independent insurance brokerage or commercial insurance company.
Catholic Mutual Canada provides a competitive starting salary with an excellent benefits and paid time off package. Great opportunity in a family friendly and employee centered work environment with a 35-hour work week.
Catholic Mutual Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer.