The DevOps Engineer Intern’s role, under the guidance of an intern mentor, is responsible for the technical aspects of architecting and developing solutions in conjunction with the Application Services and Infrastructure Services teams. The role has responsibility for ensuring systems and applications are maintained, supported, and upgraded based on industry best practices and established company standards, policies, and procedures with keen attention to the quality of service and deliverables produced for clients. This individual will apply proven communication skills, problem-solving skills, and will strive to learn the best practices of cloud development, systems and security. Support both internal and external project-related activities for Cloud deployment and automation.
• Develop DevOps automation scripts, plugins and apps to monitor the availability and security of our platform.
• Assist in application deployments, testing and building new automation systems.
• Contribute to the creation of system support documents, and ops processes.
• Learn on the job and explore new technologies.
• Ability to work 20-30 hours per week between 8 am - 5 pm, M-F.
• An eligible student is any person who:
- is enrolled full-time in a college, university, or other institution of higher education in Nebraska or has residency in Nebraska and is enrolled full-time in a college, university, or other institution of higher education in a state other than Nebraska
- applies for an Internship within six months following graduation from a college, university, or other institution of higher education
- is in the process of obtaining higher education (e.g. university) degree in the field of management information systems, computer science, information security, computer engineering, or business administration preferred
Knowledge and Experience:
• Possess excellent communication skills, both orally and written
• Solid analytical, problem solving / troubleshooting skills
• Familiarity with Cloud based Development – AWS is a plus
• A passion for Windows Server and/or Unix/Linux and some experience using RedHat/CentOS, Windows Server.
• Some experience with programming in languages like C# .NET, Python, Ruby, Perl, Java, etc...
• Some understanding of protocols/technologies like HTTP, SSL, LDAP, DNS, IPSEC/VPNs and PKI.
• Ability and passion to learn, research, test new technologies.
• Clear written and verbal communication skills.
• Hourly wage: $12.00 per hour
• Internship Duration: 6 months
|Date Posted||May 17, 2018|
|Date Closes||June 16, 2018|
|Address||1010 N 96th St, Suite 100|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|
|Job Type||Part-time Employee|
|Compensation||Hourly Wage, $12.00|
|Experience Level||Entry Level (0-2 yrs. experience)|
|SOC Category||15-1031.00 Computer Software Engineers, Applications|
|Address||1010 N 96th St. Ste. 100|
|City, State and Zip||Omaha, NE 68114|
This job offers the following benefits
This job requires the following skills
This job is related other jobs in these career categories
Course(s) relevant to the skills listed for this position