Shift Differential Available for Weekends and Overnights!!
Omaha Home for Boys is currently seeking a number of Life Skills Teachers to join our expanding programs. Life Skills Teachers are at the heart of our Residential Care Program and work directly with the teenage boys in the Home’s care. Life Skills Teachers are responsible for creating a positive environment where the boys can live, learn and grow and are also expected to act as positive role models and mentors in a supportive,structured home. Life Skills Teachers guide daily activities, such as preparation for school, recreation, household chores, discipline, cooking and bedtime routines, for teenage residents and must have a passion for helping residents thrive.
Please visit to see an interview describing the position and benefits for a Life Skills Teacher: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RBQeHhJ0jw&feature=youtu.be
· High school diploma or equivalent required. College degree preferred.
· Must be 21 years of age.
· Minimum of 2 years’ job-related experience, preferably in a youth services department, or an equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
· Must have an understanding of youth and their different behaviors.
· Willing to work flexible hours.
· Ability to handle stress and exercise self-control.
· Knowledge of psychological and sociological aspects of youth desired.
· Must have the ability to implement the motivational system in a positive and effective way.
· Basic knowledge of first aid and safety and be able to obtain CPR certification.
· Ability to effectively interact with sensitivity and responsiveness to cultural differences present in the organization’s service population, both individually and in groups.
· Must possess a valid driver’s license with a good driving record and current auto insurance, and the ability to pass an extensive background check.