What better way to make a positive impact on a struggling teen than through supporting their education! Our OHB Teachers encourage students to fulfill their academic success by planning, preparing and implementing an appropriate instructional program. Teachers are responsible for developing a classroom learning environment that positively impacts students’ academic, behavioral and emotional success.
Our OHB High School offers teachers a 12-month position with the added bonus of no lesson planning! Teachers are supported by Academic & Behavioral Specialists in the classroom and both work together to address the academic, behavioral and emotional preventions and interventions of students.
• Bachelor’s degree in secondary education is required. An endorsement in special education is preferred.
• Must possess current Nebraska teaching certificate and relevant teaching experience.
• Ability to provide structure and consistency for students while adapting to the needs of a changing, multi-age student population.
• Ability to empathize with youth while maintaining the primary focus of helping youth to learn and apply behavioral and academic skills.
• Ability to remain calm when youth experience frustration and not take the behavior of youth personally.
• Knowledge and ability to provide support and assistance in a variety of high school subjects..
• Ability to effectively interact with sensitivity and responsiveness to cultural differences present in the organization’s service population, both individually and in groups.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently and to organize work to meet deadlines.
• Knowledge of local and state education standards, policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of current technology and related applications.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license and auto insurance, good driving record and the ability to pass an extensive background check.
|Date Posted||January 10, 2020|
|Date Closes||February 9, 2020|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|
|Job Type||Full-time Employee|
|Compensation||Salary, $47500 - $52000|
|Hours||40 hours per week|
|SOC Category||25-3099.00 Teachers and Instructors, All Other|
|Address||4343 North 52nd Street|
|City, State and Zip||Omaha|
This job offers the following benefits
This job requires the following skills
This job is related other jobs in these career categories