Omaha Home for Boys Omaha, NE
**Additional Shift Differential for Weekend hours!**
The Skill Builder supports client’s well-being by providing resources, educating families and individual, working with youth, while maintaining client records and recording progress made by clients. The Skill Builder is expected to work in a collaborative manner with Clinicians, Supervisor, Clinical Director, referral sources and team members using a team approach in order to provide quality services for all clients. Skill Builders will keep records in compliance with company and agency policies and procedures. This position spends the majority of their time in the community and client homes.
Essential Functions include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assessing and planning for individual and family needs based upon goals identified.
- Specific knowledge and/or training in safety, normal family functions, neglect, abuse or exploitation of children.
- Specific knowledge in achieving or maintaining self-sufficiency, including reduction or prevention of dependency.
- Implements an instructional design to reach learning objectives/outcomes set forth by Clinical Team and referral source.
- Connect the family to community resources and supports.
- Provides transportation in conjunction with the provision of services allowed.
- Attend scheduled family meetings when assigned by Clinical Director, Clinician, Supervisor or referral source.
- Collaborates with others to fulfill responsibilities related to company vision, mission, priorities and goals.
- Must be available to participate in rotation of on-call status to assist families in crisis intervention and have the ability to develop a safety plan for crisis situations.
- Maintain professional boundaries with clients, families and team members and demonstrate/ensure healthy staff to client/family member working relationships are maintained.
- Maintain courteous and professional relationships with supervisor, coworkers, clients, client family members and referral agency staff.
- Responsible for managing crisis situations professionally and following agency policies and procedures related to emergencies.
- Maintain complete and accurate records, incident reports, time spent and reporting. Answering and logging all calls/communication in a professional and timely manner.
- Work in tandem with assigned Clinician.
- Frequently goes into the homes’ of clients and transports clients while upholding all safety standards.
- Meet with Community Services Manager for regular supervision.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Counseling, Human Services, Psychology, Criminal Justice, related field OR Associate’s Degree in related file and 2 years of experience in children/family services, preferably in in-home services.
- Ability to effectively interact with sensitivity and responsiveness to cultural differences present in the organization’s service population, both individually and in groups.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with a good driving record and current auto insurance, and the ability to pass an extensive background check.
- Must be willing to work evenings and possible weekends.
| Date Posted
January 23, 2019
| Date Closes
February 22, 2019
4343 North 52nd Street
| Located In
| Job Type
Hourly Wage, $14.50, Based on Experience
| Experience Level
Entry Level (0-2 yrs. experience)
40 hours per week; Hours may include Evenings and/or Weekends
| SOC Category
21-1021.00 Child, Family, and School Social Workers
This job offers the following benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Dependent-Care Spending Accounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health-Care Spending Accounts
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Maternity / Paternity / Family Leave
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Short-Term Disability
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Bereavement Pay
- Cafeteria / Food
- Casual Dress
- Free Parking
- Holiday Party
- On-the-Job Training
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacations
- Subsidized Lunches
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Wellness Program
- Workout Facilities
- Merit Increases
This job requires the following skills
- Ability to Work Under Pressure
- Computer Usage
- Excellent Communications
- Excellent Logic and Reasoning
- Excellent Team Member
- Positive Attitude
- Problem Resolution
- Strong Flexibility / Adaptability
- Strong Work Ethic
- Job Search Coach
- Job Search Support
This job is related other jobs in these career categories