Human Resources & Training Specialist
Omaha Home for Boys Omaha, NE
The Human Resources and Training Specialist is responsible for performing HR-related and training administrative duties on a professional level. Identify and coordinate the administration and documentation of training for employees. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: benefits administration, onboarding, recruitment/employment, management of employee records and training documentation, affirmative action, employee recognition, employment law compliance and other administrative assignments.
Essential Functions include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists the Talent Development Leader with maintenance of the employee handbook and HR policy and procedures manual. Assists with interpretation of HR policies and procedures for supervisors and employees.
- Process, verify, and maintain records for employment related actions, including staffing, recruitment, training, background checks and performance evaluations using human resources management system software.
- Establishes recruiting requirements by reviewing organization plans and objectives and meeting with managers to discuss needs. Posts job vacancies and attracts applicants by placing job advertisements, using job sites and social media. Determines applicant requirements by studying job descriptions and job qualifications, reviewing applications, and interviewing/ screening applicants. Provides recommendations to supervisors and conducts background checks.
- Conducts new hire orientation and onboarding and assists Talent Development Leader with employee termination process, ensuring HR documentation is completed and recorded.
- Conducts exit interviews, analyzes data and makes recommendations to management team under the direction of Talent Development Leader for corrective action and continuous improvement.
- Assists Talent Development Leader in responding to employee relation issues such as employee complaints, harassment allegations, and civil rights complaints.
- Assists Talent Development Leader in representing the company for any unemployment, harassment, civil rights complaints, or other employee grievances, including but not limited to EEOC and NLRB charges.
- Assists Talent Development Leader with service award recognition and employee engagement endeavors.
- Administers group insurance programs by requesting, compiling, and submitting employee enrollment applications for review by carriers; assists employees with claims resolution, premium processing, benefit changes, and annual enrollment; approves invoices from vendors; recommends benefit plan changes and works with the Finance Leader to monitor benefit costs.
- Retains and updates electronic and hard-copy employment records, and maintains confidentiality of employee information as necessary.
- Assists Talent Development Leader with Employee Recognition programs.
- Completes technical training and continues independent learning to stay current with federal, state and city regulations, and human resource management trends and practices as applicable to assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Confer with management to develop or implement personnel policies or procedures.
- Coordinates documentation of training for OHB employees.
- Monitor, evaluate, or record training activities.
- Maintains records to meet Council on Accreditation (COA) standards, contracts, and state licensing requirements.
- Prepares quarterly report of hours and required trainings through online training system.
- Prepares quarterly report of supervision notes requirements.
- Ensures employee health screenings are conducted based on licensing and contract standards.
- Assist Talent Development Leader with updating training manuals, handouts and other materials as needed.
- Maintain online and hard copy training files and tools.
- Serve on Employee Engagement Committee.
- Other HR-related and Training duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Two or more years job-related experience, preferably in human resources, or an equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Knowledge of progressive and sound practices in all areas of human resources.
- Comprehensive knowledge of all areas of federal and state employment law, regulations and reporting requirements.
- Strong knowledge of HRIS software, and Microsoft Office. ADP Workforce Now® experience preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including written, oral and presentation skills.
- Ability to work under time constraints in an accurate and orderly manner.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently and organizes work to meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidential and handle sensitive information as well as exercise discretion when working with confidential information.
- Ability to effectively interact with sensitivity and responsiveness to cultural differences present in the organization’s service population, both individually and in groups.
- SPHR or PHR certification preferred.
| Date Posted
November 14, 2018
| Date Closes
December 14, 2018
4343 North 52nd Street
| Located In
| Job Type
| Experience Level
Entry Level (0-2 yrs. experience)
| SOC Category
43-4161.00 Human Resources Assistants, Except Payroll and Timekeeping
This job offers the following benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Dependent-Care Spending Accounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health-Care Spending Accounts
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Maternity / Paternity / Family Leave
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Short-Term Disability
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Bereavement Pay
- Cafeteria / Food
- Casual Dress
- Free Parking
- On-the-Job Training
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacations
- Sick Leave
- Subsidized Lunches
- Workout Facilities
This job is related other jobs in these career categories