Recreation Assistant (Full-time)
Omaha Home for Boys Omaha, NE
The Recreation Assistant is responsible for overseeing recreational activities of youth residents, neighborhood program groups, and other outside groups in a respectable and efficient manner in support of the Home’s Mission Statement.
Essential Job Functions include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Oversees and interacts with youth in recreational and athletic activities at the Home and away.
- Writes incident reports of youth behavior in recreational and athletic activities.
- Oversees use of athletic and recreational equipment and facilities by youth at the Home.
- Maintains clean recreational facilities and equipment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 2 years’ job-related experience, preferably in a recreational department, or an equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Current lifeguard certificate or the ability to become certified within six months of hire. Will provide necessary training to obtain certifications.
- Ability to participate in physical activities.
- Ability to work with and effectively motivate youth in a positive manner.
- Basic knowledge of first aid and safety.
- Ability to effectively interact with sensitivity and responsiveness to cultural differences present in the organization’s service population, both individually and in groups.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with a good driving record and current auto insurance, and the ability to pass an extensive background check.
| Date Posted
October 30, 2017
| Date Closes
November 29, 2017
4343 N. 52nd Street
| Located In
| Work At
Eppley Recreation Facility
| Job Type
Hourly Wage, $12.50 - $13.00, Based on Experience
| Experience Level
Entry Level (0-2 yrs. experience)
40 hours per week; Mon-Fri 1pm-9pm
| Start Date
| Positions Available
| SOC Category
39-9032.00 Recreation Workers
This job offers the following benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Maternity / Paternity / Family Leave
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Short-Term Disability
- Supplemental Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Bereavement Pay
- Cafeteria / Food
- Casual Dress
- Free Parking
- On-the-Job Training
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacations
- Sick Leave
- Subsidized Lunches
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Wellness Program
- Workout Facilities
- Merit Increases
This job requires the following skills
- Activity Consulting
- Aquatics Facility Operations
- Certified Pool Operator Instructor (CPOI)
- Conditioning Coach
- Fitness Facility Supervision / Management
- Fitness Facility Worker
- Fitness Training
- Group Fitness Instruction
- Health Fitness Specialist
- Park and Recreation Worker
- Pool / Spa Worker
- Sports Complex Worker
- Youth Fitness Training
- Athletics and Co-Curricular Programs
- Excellent Communications
- Excellent Team Member
- Positive Attitude
This job is related other jobs in these career categories