Human Resource Director
Plan, direct, and coordinate human resource management activities of an organization to maximize the strategic use of human resources and maintain functions such as employee compensation, recruitment and retention, personnel policies, and regulatory compliance.
Classification: Adapted from Standard Occupational Classification code 11-3120
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Exempt, Salaried position.
- Must be at least 19 years of age.
- Two years of work-related skill, knowledge, or experience in areas necessary to perform essential functions
- An undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university with major study area(s) creating ability to perform essential functions
- Ability to perform essential functions of this position with no more than reasonable accommodation as determined by Board of Directors
- No convictions for abuse, molestation, theft, burglary, robbery, assault, rape and other crimes against another person or property judged to be job-related
- No founded reports of abuse of a dependent person
- A satisfactory driving record (no more than three moving violations in the most recent thirty-six month period) and a valid driver’s license appropriate for vehicle type being required to operate
- Access to reliable personal transportation for job performance as may be occasionally required and having that personal transportation insured for liability, medical, and uninsured and underinsured motorists; proof of insurance must be submitted
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Not actively using illegal substances.
35% of the time
- Plan, direct, supervise, and coordinate work activities of subordinates and other employees relating to employment, compensation, labor relations and employee relations.
- Plan, conduct and arrange training for employees to maintain compliance with internal and external governance policies and procedures.
- Perform staffing duties that may include the following or similar scenarios: refereeing employee disputes, participating in employee separation activities (including unemployment hearings), and administering disciplinary procedures.
20% of the time
- Maintain compliance with licensing standards.
- Identify staff vacancies and recruit, conduct screening interviews designed to forward most qualified candidates for post-screening interviews.
- Provide current and prospective employees with information about policies, job duties, working conditions, compensation, benefits, and advancement or other internal employment opportunities.
20% of the time
- Use and maintain a working knowledge of current government regulations to administer organizational policies covering areas such as but not limited to equal employment opportunity, harassment, workplace violence, drug and alcohol, and discrimination.
20% of the time
- Administer compensation, benefits and performance management systems.
- Administer safety programs and coordinate safety committee activities towards creating and maintaining a safe work environment and others on-site.
- Analyze and formulate recommendations for compensation and benefits policies to establish competitive programs and to ensure compliance with legal requirements.
- Audit and modify job descriptions as required.
- Plan and conduct orientation for new employees so they know about organizational objectives, policies and procedures, and other matters important for their employment.
5% of the time
- Maintain a safe and hazard-free environment.
Perform other functions as may be assigned from time to time.
- Seeing: Must be able to consistently read reports and use computer
- Hearing: Must be able to consistently hear well enough to communicate with co-workers
- Standing/Walking: Must be able to stand and walk frequently
- Climbing/Stoop/Kneeling: Must be able to climb, stoop, and kneel occasionally
- Fingering/Grasping/Feeling: Must be able to finger, grasp, and feel constantly
- Must be able to write, type, and use phone system.
- Lifting/Pulling/Pushing: Must be able to lift, pull, and push 10 lbs to 30 lbs occasionally
- Occasionally lift floor to waist 10 lbs to 30 lbs 1x each
- Occasionally lift waist to shoulder 10lbs to 50 lbs 1x each
- Push/Pull 30 lbs
Working Conditions: Good working conditions; may be slightly dirty or involve occasional exposure to some of the following elements: dust, heat, fumes, contaminants, cold, noise, vibration, wetness, etc.