FES is a foundation whose purpose is to offer professional services to our affiliate partners (NSLP, Inceptia and EducationQuest) and to other nonprofits. These services include websites, IT security, marketing and branding, and network support. We are located at 1300 O Street, Lincoln, NE.
We are accepting applications for a Network Engineer. This position’s primary responsibility is provide technical administration of the organization’s various systems. In this role, you will configure, deploy, monitor and maintain a secure network. Specific duties of daily firewall administration are required, which require after-hours support.
This individual will also be responsible for implementation, maintenance and integration of the corporate WAN, LAN and server architecture. While providing administration of network hardware and software, the Network Engineer will also be a subject matter expert for Windows and Linux platforms. Tasks will include the need to troubleshoot Help Desk ticket escalations, build and rack servers, apply patches, package and support applications. Responsibilities Include:
- Support and administer of a variety of security products such as firewalls, IDS/IPS, VPN appliances, vulnerability assessment tools, event and log analysis, security change tracking and other network security systems and devices.
- Support the daily operations and configuration of the data and voice infrastructure and provide cross-training to team members.
- Monitor, analyze and optimize Linux, Windows and VMware system performance to meet complex demands.
- Design, configure and deploy routing/switching products to meet the needs of the organizations.
- Perform analysis of the networking problems as well as provide highest-level customer service to end users.
- Ensure familiarity with network planning, implementation and support processes and procedures.
- Demonstrate expert level knowledge of network topologies and conditions. Ensure changes to network topologies are made with minimal down-time.
- Participate in the evaluation and review of new enterprise level hardware and software.
- Manage and maintain virtualized server and desktop environments.
- Assist other IT departments in complex customer deployments.
- Execute project management at all levels, including documentation required for system update/change management at detail level.
- Conducts system level assessments and ensures system security functionality.
- Maintain required FISMA documentation for all boundary related network systems, mitigating the risk to FES and its affiliates.
- Accountable for meeting deadlines as defined or assigned.
- Ensure the highest standard of technical and customer support to both internal and external clients.
- Consult, assess, audit and design in collaboration with customers highly technical requirements.
- Convert agreed requirements into actionable written scope of work.
- Coordinate proof of concept testing with team and project schedules.
- Deliver to current requirements, determine work to be accomplished by understanding the requirements and demonstrating the appropriate new technologies that solve business problems.
- Provide regular status reports on tasks accomplished, current issues and progress toward goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Working knowledge of network protocols (specifically TCP/IP), firewalls, routers, switches, terminal servers, client/server technologies and their programming.
- Experience with enterprise level routers and switches.
- Experience with enterprise level Firewall support.
- Configuration and troubleshooting knowledge Linux and Windows based clients and servers.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and time management skills.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline or equivalent, preferred.
- 5+ years of experience with server level hardware, IP networking and security devices.
- Progressive responsibility with network administration, TCP/IP and other networking principles, experience with MS Exchange, Windows Domain/Active Directory management, firewall administration, software distribution, patch management, database management and Internet systems.
- Solid experience configuring, deploying, installing, and troubleshooting VMware, Windows and Linux servers.
- Successful completion of a background investigation is required
FES offers a competitive salary and full benefits, including health, dental and life insurance; 401(k) with company match; tuition reimbursement; and a friendly, casual business environment. Please apply on-line on our ADP Workforce Now site at https://goo.gl/N4MvOB or submit your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer