Do you geek out for Anatomy Lab days? If so, you may be the person we are looking for!
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment to join our Tissue Services team as a Procurement Coordinator. The preferred candidate would have a strong anatomy background with the ability to effectively communicate. This position spends a quarter of their time performing tissue recovery. The remainder of time is spent completing proper documentation and coordinating the recovery process.
Rotating on-call schedule of 12 and/or 24-hour shifts
to include nights, weekends, and holidays
- Coordinate, facilitate, and perform surgical recovery of tissues.
- Gather and accurately assess patient medical records and donor risk assessment to determine suitability.
- Accurately complete the donor electronic record.
- Communicate with potential donor families about the donation process.
- Provide ethical and sensitive treatment to each donor.
- Proficiency with surgical instruments for tissues recovery is preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of human anatomy.
- Experience with tissue recovery preferred.
- Effectively communicate with coroners, funeral homes, families, hospitals, and other internal departments.
- Bachelor’s degree focused on anatomy (i.e. health sciences or nursing) is preferred or equivalent training and experience required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Certified Tissue Banking Specialist Certification (CTBS).
- Able to obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license and personal auto insurance.
- Able to travel by vehicle and plane.
Live On Nebraska offers our team members a comprehensive and competitive benefits package, including insurance, retirement benefits and paid time off. We want our team members to feel empowered and appreciated in the workplace. We strive to provide an environment that fosters growth, satisfaction, and creativity.
Live On Nebraska is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Live On Nebraska