Join our mission and help give the most precious gift of all...LIFE!
Are you eager to advance your career? We are growing our Tissue Services department and need an expert to join our team as an Advanced Procurement Coordinator.
We recently relocated into our brand-new facility, allowing us to design our two new operating suites around the tissue donation process. Now we are looking to expand our team with an expert to help us reach our full potential in this new space.
We are looking for an experienced individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and can train others. Responsibilities primarily include coordinating and facilitating the tissue donation process. Additional time is spent completing documentation, restocking inventory, and cleaning recovery areas.
This position requires a rotating on-call schedule of 12-hour shifts
- Takes a role within the department for employee training and development.
- Mentor staff in advanced principles, techniques, and procedures.
- Participates in the creation and modification of controlled documents.
- Participates in improvement projects (Committees, Work Groups, PDSA, etc).
- Gather and review patient medical records and past medical/social history.
- Communicate effectively with external/internal entities during the donation process: hospital, donor, tissue processor, and other departments.
- Collect necessary specimens for testing and prepare recovered tissues for shipment to tissue processor.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, preferably in health sciences or nursing with 2 years of healthcare related experience, is preferred.
- Certified Tissue Banking Specialist Certification is required.
- Intermediate proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license
Live On Nebraska offers our team members a comprehensive and competitive benefits package, including insurance, retirement benefits and paid time off. We want our team members to feel empowered and appreciated in the workplace. We strive to provide an environment that fosters growth, satisfaction and creativity.
Live On Nebraska is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Provided by company