If you thrive on change, opportunity and challenge, and have the confidence that your success is dependent upon your talents and efforts, you want to be part of the Conductix-Wampfler team! Conductix-Wampfler is a progressive and growing global organization that offers challenging and rewarding opportunities in a variety of markets where power in motion is required. We are seeking a high energy, persuasive, polished, business development professional to grow and manage accounts in the Automated Guided Vehicles (AGV) Automated Guided Carts (AGC) Automated Mobile Robots (AMR) and Special Projects markets in the Americas region. You will work closely with the Market Development Manager, SMO Directors and sales teams and be supported by an organization that is known as an industry leader in the mobile electrification market, that not only manufactures high quality products in the conductor bar, festoon, slip rings, industrial cable, cord and hose reel lines, but provides "service after the sale" that drives our niche in the market.
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
- BS or BA in engineering, sales, marketing, or business
- 3-5 years of experience developing sales, account management, project management and market development support.
- Willingness to travel a must.
- Be a strategic thinker and have a track record of growing sales within markets.
- Understand marketing concepts and can build strong relationships with the customer.
- Have project management skills.
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office 365.
- Possess excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Solid record in providing profit to the bottom line.
- Know how to “get it done” through/with the customer, engineering, quality, and the factory.
- Understanding of electrification products a plus.
Conductix-Wampfler offers an excellent salary, benefit, and bonus package along with continued personal and career development opportunities.
Please apply on our website at: http://webassets.conductix.net/applicants/
See full job description below:
The objective of the Business Development Manager is to strategically grow the business for the assigned market and respective sub-segments for the Sales and Marketing Organization (SMO) in the Americas. The Business Development Manager will achieve his/her objectives by assisting the Market Development Manager implementing global marketing strategies, as defined by the SMO and the applicable Market Unit (MU), and adapting it to fit the specific needs of the domestic marketplace. The Business Development Manager function shall act in support to the Market Development Manager as a critical link between SMO Americas and the Global MU. The Business Development Manager, must assist the Market Development Manager to ensure the effective management and control of strategic sales and marketing activities, key customer management and project management. As a key element of SMO Americas, the Business Development Manager will help the Market Development Manager interact and provide direction and support to SMO USA, SMO Canada, SMO Mexico, SMO Brazil and Latin America Sales Group.
The Business Development Manager will work together with the Market Development Manager to strategically monitor and evaluate their respective market and sub-segments, develop strong relationships with key customers, and expand the market share through effective sales and marketing management. The Business Development Manager will display a unique skillset to attract interest and increase sales for Conductix-Wampfler products and services from new or existing customers through a variety of sales channels. The Business Development Manager will display strong presentation and high level negotiation skills, key relationship management skills and strong technical background to understand the complexities of a technical business environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following; other duties may be assigned.
- Supports all corporate objectives and policies.
- Work together with the Market Development Manager to ensure SMOs achieve sales and profit goals.
- Highly accountable for all sales and profitability for assigned markets such as but not limited to Automated Guided Vehicles (AGV) Automated Guided Carts (AGC) Automated Mobile Robots (AMR) and Special Projects.
- Works with Market Development Manager to identify, Monitor and Coordinate Special Projects within SMO Americas. Helps Coordinate and Communicate projects with the Global MU.
- Assists in coordination of special projects interface between SMOs and Centers of Excellence (COE).
- Monitors and evaluates the marketing mix of the respective market segment(s) on a routine basis.
- Provides insight to Market Development Manager to develop and execute annual Strategic Market Development Plan outlining sales, marketing and business development strategies for the respective market and sub-segments.
- Shares with other members of the SMO, responsibility for the management of key market accounts. Such control responsibility in coordination with the Market Development Manager shall include relationship management, of products being offered, pricing levels and influence on sales and distribution channels.
- In cooperation with the SMO, in particular with District Sales Managers (DSM) and Sales Representatives (REP), actively participates in routine visits to key customers for the promotion of the organization and product and service portfolio.
- Provides technical application support to the outside sales members of the SMOs.
- Helps train domestic sales forces on how to effectively sell to related market segments.
- Actively works with Director of Marketing Americas and MU assisting the Market Development Manager to develop and/or adapt applicable sales and marketing tools.
- Together with the Market Development Manager identifies business opportunities and increases sales for the respective market. Evaluates and effectively manages relationships with key End Users, Engineering Companies, Consultants, Resellers and Distributors, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and sub-segment affiliates.
- Works with SMO Manager and Outside Sales Manager (OSM) in identifying and executing key budget objectives. Demonstrates initiative to educate and further enhance the knowledge of DSMs & Reps on the respective market.
- In cooperation with inside and outside sales teams, follows up on key open quotations and projects.
- Monitors and communicates competitor activity, sales data and product data with SMO and MU.
- Plays a supporting role in the participation and development of public relations events related to the market such as conferences, seminars, associations, market industry groups, etc.
- Assists the Market Development Manager in the coordination and participation of Tradeshows with Director of Marketing Americas, SMO Manager and OSM.
- Provides insight to the Market Development Manager who works closely with Marketing Department in determining the most effective advertisement media selection for the market.
- Works closely with Market Development Manager in determining and setting pricing policies for the respective market with SMO Manager, OSM, Product Managers (PM) and COEs
- Will help Market Development Manger communicate effectively with other key members in the organization for setting discount structures for key accounts in the respective markets.
- Work with PMs and COEs to develop new products required to meet market demands.
- Quoting will be involved for special Projects or as needed.
- Any other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Sr. Market Development Manager - Americas.
- Supports and upholds the quality and EHS policy.
- Upholds the Core Values.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
AS or BS technical degree preferred. One to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Travel may be up to 30% of the time. Traveling to each location is required as business requires.