Conductix-Wampfler, a progressive, global organization that offers challenging and rewarding opportunities in the mobile electrification and cable management markets is seeking a high energy, detailed, results-focused Compliance Coordinator for the Engineering team. You will have daily interaction with the Operations, Product Development, Sales, Quality and Environmental Safety and Health team.
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
- AS in Engineering Technology, Design, Drafting, Mechatronics, Business Administration or other related business field.
- 2-5 years of mechanical and/or electrical product experience is preferred.
- Project management, admin, and quality assurance experience a plus.
- Need to have knowledge of Nationally Recognized Test Labs and confirming regulatory compliance to Environmental Directives.
- Must be comfortable reviewing Engineering Change Orders for compliance to NRTL files and Environmental Directives.
- Solid interpersonal skills needed for 3rd party and customer audits.
- Understanding of UL and emerging compliance in engineering practices and standards.
- Ability to understand and interpret regulatory codes such as UL, NEC, IEC, ATEX, NFPA.
- Proficient in MS office programs.
- Ability to communicate with all levels or an organization.
If you know how to "get things done," possess exceptional communication and project management skills, and have a solid record of regulatory compliance within an industrial environment, we want to talk with you.
Conductix-Wampfler offers an excellent salary, benefit and bonus package, along with continued personal and career development opportunities.
Send resume and salary requirements to: http://www.conductix.us/en/company-career
See full job description below.
The Compliance Coordinator is responsible for making sure various products meet regulatory, legal, and other compliance obligations by reviewing product designs for compliance, submitting regulatory paperwork, communicating with all interested parties, and staff members at all levels, and educating personnel and customers about compliance regulations. The Compliance Coordinator will report to the Standardization Engineering Manager with functional reporting to the Compliance Engineering group.
This role will assist the Compliance Engineering group by maintaining product safety listings with Nationally Recognized Test Labs (NRTLs), confirming regulatory compliance to Environmental Directives, and support product compliance actions for export.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include
- Organizes and maintains compliance documentation records by product type / material number for various products from internal reports, NRTLs, and additional third parties.
- Assist in organizing compliance programs by preparing timetables, cost estimates, and required resources including test laboratories and equipment.
- Assist in the implementation and management of supply chain / vendor compliance tools to manage Substances of Concern, Safety Data Sheets, and conflict minerals / materials.
- Reviews Engineering Change Orders (ECOs) for compliance with product NRTL files and Environmental Directives.
- Meets with third party inspectors and auditors to complete compliance audits of manufacturing facilities in Omaha, NE and Harlan, IA.
- Documents any non-conformance(s) during compliance or internal audits and works to implement corrective actions to bring products and/or processes into compliance.
- Updates compliance knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging compliance engineering practices and standards; participating in educational opportunities and professional organizations.
- Controls access to the companies Regulatory Compliance partners, including UL gatekeeper and similar administrative roles relative to software or compliance system use.
- Maintains compliance and project engineering documentation records in accordance with established department and ISO quality and environmental management system standards.
- Acts as the accounts payable and receivable administrator for the compliance cost center. Tracks and maintains budgets for compliance projects and annual compliance costs.
- Understands and interprets regulatory codes such as UL, NEC, IEC, ATEX, NFPA (and others as required relative to our product listings).
- Performs any other duties as required by the customer and assigned by management. Supports and upholds the Quality and Environmental policies. Upholds the Core Values.
Supervisory and Leadership Responsibilities
- This role has no supervisory responsibilities.
Qualified candidates will possess the following
- Associates Degree (A.S.) in Engineering Technology, Design or Drafting, Mechatronics, Business Administration, and one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with mechanical and electrical system design is preferred.
- Ability to manage many concurrent projects while maintaining a high level of productivity to complete projects on time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. During travel noise levels may require the use of hearing protection. Work in our prototype or test facility will require the use of PPE including safety glasses and steel-toe safety shoes.